How Do I Make A 3D Cars Cake ?

Decorating By Vickinic Updated 31 May 2011 , 6:59am by jennifercullen

Vickinic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vickinic Posted 30 May 2011 , 4:56pm
post #1 of 5

I would like to make a 3d cars cake out of fondant. Would like to have the true redi have little problem getting the bright red .

4 replies
Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 31 May 2011 , 12:20am
post #2 of 5

Satin Ice red is the perfect red. I made a Lightening McQueen for my son's birthday and it was a sculpted cake covered in the red fondant. People thought I put a toy on the table, not a cake! icon_biggrin.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 31 May 2011 , 12:31am
post #3 of 5
Polarcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Polarcakes Posted 31 May 2011 , 12:39am
post #4 of 5

You might check on Ebay for the Cars icing Colors. I know I had previously found the red there. Hope this helps.

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 31 May 2011 , 6:59am
post #5 of 5

Hi, my second cake was a lightning mcqueen cake, the actual car was enough for about 10 serving so I made a bigger cake to put it on as it was for a big party. I put it on another website along with instructions and photos on how I did it, you can see it here:

coolest-birthday-cakes.com/coolest-lightning-mcqueen-birthday-cake-130.html

I thought it looked quite good and the people at the party said it was awesome, I worked from a tiny model of the car to get the details as good as I could. I bought my red fondant and black, the others I mixed with gel colours. I like in The UK and had to order my coloured icing on eBay, but if you have a local shop that sells cake decorating stuff it will probably be in there!

If you want to know anything about my cake please feel free to pm me. Im far from all knowing or a great cake decorator, but I will help you if I can icon_smile.gif

Jenny

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%