Stamping Your Cake Pictures

Decorating By PurplePetunia Updated 1 Mar 2005 , 9:11pm by m0use

PurplePetunia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PurplePetunia Posted 26 Feb 2005 , 2:03am
post #1 of 22

I read somewhere on this site that we should be stamping our cake pictures with our logos.
I'm not a registered business (yet) but I do make and sell cakes to family and friends. I post some of my pictures on this site and wilton's and I have my own private online album. Is it still necessary to stamp them?? And if so, what should I put?? Just my name?? icon_confused.gif

21 replies
GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 26 Feb 2005 , 2:35am
post #2 of 22

I'm the one that started all of that. You stamp them legal or not. This all started because there were different people on Ebay taking pictures from websites, making CDs for cake ideas and selling them! Taking pictures without permission. Making money off of other people's hard work. So I constantly stand on a soap box and tell people to stamp their pictures.

When you stamp it, it should cover a portion of the cake. I know it hurts the overall picture, but your protection comes first. I will show you a few examples of why it should cover. But give me a few minutes to make an example of how easy it is to steal your picture of the wording doesn't go across the cake.

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 26 Feb 2005 , 3:32am
post #3 of 22

OK- Here you go. Stamp them with whatever you like. Just stamp them and be consistent. Even the bad ones. I tell everyone starting out, get in the habit doing this. You may think your pics aren't worth stealing today, but you'll get better.

Since I do not have a stamp on one of the pictures in the sample, I did not use pictures of any of my cakes. Hopefully no one wants to steal the picture I used! icon_confused.gificon_wink.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Stamped for maximum protection:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/265808017/282525987DxEuoP

Stamp while trying to not block the main subject matter:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/282526108/282526108IGtORr

what happens when you do that:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/282526187/282526187CidGAJ

If anyone needs instructions on how to stamp, I have 2 tutorials. One is stamping your art with Print Shop (most publishing programs will follow these procedures). The other is stamping your Art with PAINT- which comes with every PC.

Print Shop tutorial starts here:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/265808017/265829408Dqqnov

PAINT starts here:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/265808017/265829408Dqqnov

Good luck!!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 26 Feb 2005 , 5:01am
post #4 of 22

CaliDawn, you just need to come visit me in Louisiana & give me lessons on my digital camera & my computer!!! Ahhhhh!! If I could figure out the digital camera I could get pics on the forum. Your step by steps are very easy! I did figure out the mirror image! icon_surprised.gif If I could get my teenagers to slow down long enough to help me figure this stuff out I'd be so happy!!! icon_lol.gif But that's not going to happen! icon_surprised.gif

PurplePetunia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PurplePetunia Posted 26 Feb 2005 , 8:59am
post #5 of 22

CaliDawn,
Thanks for answering my question!! And thanks for taking so much time to explain step by step.
I'll definitely start stamping my pictures now.

Tracey4 thumbs_up.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 26 Feb 2005 , 6:20pm
post #6 of 22

tcturtleshell what kind of camera do you have, maybe I can help? PM me and maybe we can collaborate together....I do have a computer background.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 26 Feb 2005 , 10:04pm
post #7 of 22

mouse will you help me also? i just bought a fuji digital camera today. i took it out of the box and my 14 year old daughter figured a lot of it on her own. icon_cool.gif she's such a show-off! icon_razz.gif i hate asking my kids for help. icon_cry.gif

m0use Posted 27 Feb 2005 , 12:35am
post #8 of 22

Sure- I can try.
Email me @ [email protected] put Cake Central somewhere in the subject line so that I know you are friendly icon_wink.gif and not junk mail.

tcturtleshell Posted 27 Feb 2005 , 5:34am
post #9 of 22

Hey m0use HELPPPPPPPPPPPP, icon_cry.gif
Guess what?? I gave up on the camera!! I took my camera's chip to walmart & developed them there!! I figured out how to stamp my pictures & also how to get them on cakecentral!!! YEAH!!!!!! I just followed Dawn's directions! I just hit upload on here & that was the easiest part! Now if you could help me to make the pictures larger I would appreciate it!

I have a fuji digital also. Everytime I hook it up to my computer it says "not communicating" in red letters. It will not download the pics to the computer or the printer. That's why I just took the chip to Wally world! I was tired of messing w/ it!! icon_twisted.gif

To Diane, I have a 15 yr old daughter. She figured out most of the picture taking way before me! She doesn't stay home long enough to help me w/ the rest of it! So I'm hoping m0use can help me!! I'm like you.. I'd rather not ask my kids! I like to figure things out myself so I can brag!!! icon_lol.gif So good luck to you too!

m0use Posted 27 Feb 2005 , 6:10am
post #10 of 22

Email me Tina- [email protected], make sure to put cake central somewhere in the subject line please so that I don't ignore it and think it's junk mail. Thanks. I might have an idea as to what may have happened with your pic.

tcturtleshell Posted 27 Feb 2005 , 6:11am
post #11 of 22

ok mouse fixing to email you

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 27 Feb 2005 , 6:30am
post #12 of 22

tcturtleshell-Was the the software program that came with your camera installed onto your computer ? Just wondering if that may be why it's not recognizing it. I did have to uninstall mine and reinstall it for it to be recognized.

tcturtleshell Posted 27 Feb 2005 , 6:42am
post #13 of 22

Yes it was maybe I need to uninstall it again too
I'm having so much problems! Now I have you, calidawn & Mouse helping me out! There gonna kill me!!

jscakes Posted 27 Feb 2005 , 6:56am
post #14 of 22

nobody is gonna kill you, I just asked a teeny-tiny question and the others will help you. You'll get it and then we can all view your photos!! My mother, bless her heart, has more problems on her computer...I was over there 2 days ago showing her the steps for certain things, like forwarding, deleting, stuff like that. I get an email from her today asking again how to do these things and this time she said she is going to print out the directions so she can look them up. You have to know my mother has been having problems with her memory now for a about a year, so I take it all in stride and never, NEVER argue about the fact that I've already shown her. But I will go over and make sure that she has printed out the directions, if only she would remember where she put the notebook that they are in!!! LOL!

tcturtleshell Posted 27 Feb 2005 , 7:31am
post #15 of 22

Poor dear! We will be like that one day... Good thing you are there to take care of her!! My parents are still young so their lots of fun to be around! My dad is 60 & mom is 57. They are a blast!

We still haven't fixed my problem... I will try again tomorrow. Calidawn & Mouse will probbably go crazy trying to figure the problem out! It's late here 1:30 am so I better go to be before my hubby comes & gets me off this puter!! I'll catch you tomorrow! JScakes~

tcturtleshell Posted 27 Feb 2005 , 7:33am
post #16 of 22

Good night mOuse, calidawn & jscakes!!!!!!! I'll talk to ya'll tomorrow!!!! Have a good day!! or night!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jscakes Posted 27 Feb 2005 , 7:40am
post #17 of 22

g'night all! Hubby will be home from work in a couple hours and said he was taking me out for breakfast then so I had better be off here too!

tcturtleshell Posted 28 Feb 2005 , 1:12am
post #18 of 22

Hope you enjoyed your breakfast date! Just wanted to let you know I got my cake pic on here FINALLY! Take a look!!

m0use Posted 28 Feb 2005 , 1:44pm
post #19 of 22

Glad to see you got it working Tina!!

jscakes Posted 1 Mar 2005 , 1:19pm
post #20 of 22

Had a nice breakfast, thanks. Your cake pics finally made it! Yahoo!!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 1 Mar 2005 , 9:09pm
post #21 of 22

mouse, i've been soo busy, i forgot about my new camera. i haven't used it at all, my daughter has! i'm soo lazy when it comes to reading directions. when i do get to it and get stuck i will send you a buzz.
thanks in advance for your help! icon_wink.gif

m0use Posted 1 Mar 2005 , 9:11pm
post #22 of 22

Sure no problem icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%