How Do I Make The Back Of A Deck Of Playing Cards

Decorating By grammatlcl Updated 29 May 2011 , 1:17am by mena2002

grammatlcl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grammatlcl Posted 28 May 2011 , 9:40pm
post #1 of 4

I'm trying to use playing cards on a cake and I need face up and face down cards. Is there a card pattern available that I can copy onto fondant? How do you suggest I make the cards as realistic as possible? Should I pay to have them made on rice paper at my local cake supply shop and then put them on fondant or is there another way?
thank you for your help and suggestions

3 replies
R4ORT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
R4ORT Posted 28 May 2011 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 4

That sounds like an interesting design! The only thing I can think of is using a stencil and applying RI or dust over it.

I've bought a few from this site before http://www.lindyscakes.co.uk/OnlineShop-Stencils.htm (but it's in the UK) so you get an idea of what I mean. The only thing is the cost might be greater than having them made as you suggested at your local cake supply shop, although the benefit is you have the stencils for life!

Good luck, can't wait to see what you come up with!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 28 May 2011 , 10:20pm
post #3 of 4

I would scan the cards and print them (or have them printed) on frosting sheets and apply to fondant or gumpaste and then cut to size.

mena2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mena2002 Posted 29 May 2011 , 1:17am
post #4 of 4

You can try using food markers and drawing crisscross lines (like a diamond pattern) onto fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%