Cake Pops

Baking By LoriMc Updated 28 May 2011 , 6:18pm by LoriMc

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 28 May 2011 , 5:57pm
post #1 of 4

Hey guys, I have been asked to make some cake pops for a birthday party. I have never done these before. I searched on here and didn't see any tutorials. Anyone know of a good site or thread on here with instructions?

I think I get the basic gist of it. I'm a little worried about the candy melt coating not tasting all that great. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

3 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 28 May 2011 , 6:09pm
post #2 of 4

You can add flavored oils to the candy melts. It made a big difference in the flavor. Also Jen just posted on another thread that she uses real chocolate for her coating. I haven't tried it but she recommended
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1 tablespoon butter

I plan on trying that next. If you use Wilton candy melts you have to melt a decent amount of shortening in with the melts to get it the right consistencyicon_smile.gif

Google bakerella. She is the cake pop queenicon_smile.gif

thesweetlifestore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thesweetlifestore Posted 28 May 2011 , 6:12pm
post #3 of 4

hi,,, look up bakerella she is amazing she uses cake mix and 16 ounce container of ready made frosting for her cake pops. Wilton also has instuctions on their book called pops sweets on a stick> I have not made any yet but that is next on my to do listicon_smile.gif happy baking icon_smile.gif

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 28 May 2011 , 6:18pm
post #4 of 4

Ok, thanks guys for the information. I will check all that out. Good to know about the flavoring and shortening!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%