Is It Best To Use Royal Or Butter Cream Frosting When Adding

Decorating By sweettreat101 Updated 27 May 2011 , 4:09pm by TexasSugar

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 27 May 2011 , 3:55pm
post #1 of 3

a bead border to a cake? I usually just use butter cream but the lady wants a teal bead border. I don't usually use royal much but was wondering if it would be a better choice this time.

2 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 27 May 2011 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 3

I rarely use RI... if you're talking about piping a bead border, I'd use BC.

If you're talking about attaching fondant bead/balls to make a border, you could use either (or if it's fondant on fondant, water will work).

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 27 May 2011 , 4:09pm
post #3 of 3

Personally I'd use buttercream. When cut it will go with the cake and royal icing will be hard and crunchy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%