Next Great Baker Is Casting Again

Decorating By costumeczar Updated 19 Aug 2013 , 12:32pm by DeliciousDesserts

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 2:53pm
post #121 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by sechrestloans

I just assumed everyone has already been picked already.Sadly not me icon_sad.gif This is what I found on facebook:

"Casting for Season 2 will stop taking submissions this Friday (July 1st). We will only be in contact with those moving forward to the semi-final round. Thank you all again for applying and sharing your amazing stories & talents with us. This has truly been a blast and we expect a great season. P.S. Semi-Finalists won't be picked until the end of next week or the following week (around July 10th to July 14th). There will be no announcements (postings etc) regarding our picks since this is strictly confidential and off limits to discuss. Thanks again, NGB Casting Team

By: Dominique Bouchard-Casting"

That's fairly common practice I've learned from the casting aspect of things.

Nancv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nancv Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 3:01pm
post #122 of 165

sechrestloans...what do you mean by ....That's fairly common practice I've learned from the casting aspect of things.....im sorry but you left me stunned...and im thinking to myself...huh???...maybe you mean that that happens with casting...they ask for applicants and when they get them they cant even respond back and say a simple...im sorry but you werent chosen please try again...as if everyone that applied didnt take time to do what they asked for and get their hopes up...i just think that a simple reply back saying you werent chosen would be appropriate but then again thats me...again to all applicants who did make the semi finalists...GOOOOOOODDDDDDD LLLUUUCCKKKK....

sechrestloans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sechrestloans Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 3:06pm
post #123 of 165

Nancy,

Please read the above post, it was not me that said it is fairly common practice in casting. All I did was copy what was on their facebook page and put it on the board and express my disappointment that I wasnt chosen.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 3:07pm
post #124 of 165

Nancv, I don't think the semi-finalist have been notified. Those that do make it, will be notified probably after this weekend as someone was told further upthread.

I don't know of any competition where the ones not chosen got notified...I mean, I can't think of any at this time anyway.

Nancv Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 3:10pm
post #125 of 165

oh im so sorry...i saw that it said sechrestloans wrote: but your right it was dchockeyguy
...im terribly sorry..i know how you feel...thats why i wrote that a simple you werent chosen email would of been nice because like many other applicants i too was constantly checking my emails and believe it or not i still am...lol...the hope is still there because the lady i spoke to,julie, said they would choose this weekend...i do apologize and i hope i didnt offend you...

all4cake Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 3:14pm
post #126 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancv

This is what I heard today...I emailed the lady who contacted me..her name is Julie and this is what she wrote...Hi Nancy,
We are choosing semi-finalists this weekend. If chosen to be moved on to the next round you will be contact for a producer....so I guess we will all continue waiting...

The reply you got was basically the same as was posted on fb regarding who will be notified (I thought it was another CCer that posted it icon_redface.gif )

sechrestloans Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 3:14pm
post #127 of 165

no worries! I am in the same boat as you, at least you got to talk to Julie, she has yet to respond to me at all..LOL It would be nice if they could at least make a general posting like all semi finalists have been picked so we know for sure it is over, but thats life I suppose. There is so much talent out there, I wish the best for all who do make it.

all4cake Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 3:18pm
post #128 of 165

Have you (anyone who has entered) thought seriously about what your reaction would be if selected? I think I'd throw up!

Nancv Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 3:18pm
post #129 of 165

my absolute same feelings...i feel bummed out about not be chosen IF they have been picked but at the same time i STILL have hope that what julie wrote back and said is true...but at the same time...the stress or nervousness still continues...lol...i wonder whats better the bummed out part or the maybe i still have a chance thing...hhhhmmmm...lol

Nancv Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 3:20pm
post #130 of 165

i would probably run out to the streets running and screaming like a maniac...i hope i have clothes on if that were to happen...lol..lol...

sechrestloans Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 3:22pm
post #131 of 165

I Wouldn't believe it. I would think my husband is playing a practical joke on me before I believed I really got picked LOL

all4cake Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 3:28pm
post #132 of 165

A few expletives would probably be shot out my mouth followed by an exclamation of, **&^%%* I've got nothing to wear! (*&^$$$^ I've got to go shopping! OMG!OMG!OMG! then, throwup!

cake_architect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_architect Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 2:43am
post #133 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

I've got nothing to wear! I've got to go shopping! OMG!OMG!OMG!

haha my reaction exactly! i mean, i'll take any excuse to shop- going to new york as a semi-finalist on a cake competition?! heck yes, better believe i'd be out the door on the way to the mall before i even hung up the phone!

heehee i feel like such a kid living out these dreams with ya'll! i hope one of us gets picked, it'd be like having family on tv icon_biggrin.gif

all4cake Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 2:54am
post #134 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by cake_architect

heehee i feel like such a kid living out these dreams with ya'll! i hope one of us gets picked, it'd be like having family on tv icon_biggrin.gif

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

(something tells me they couldn't get beyond my 5 o'clock shadow though icon_redface.gif oh, well...maybe I'll be able to afford electrolisys(?) before next year)

sechrestloans Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 12:57pm
post #135 of 165

I hear ya.. something tells me they fell asleep watching mine...LOL I almost did!! After re taping 5 times because I had no idea how to get the videos uploaded and accidentally deleting them, and had 2 wedding cakes due within the 48 hours time period AND each video taking 3 hours plus to upload onto you tube... I think anyone that actually was able to get a video onto you tube should go to NY to be a semi finalts because that was a challenge in itself ... especially for us old folks that computer illiterate..LOL

Somethin-Sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Somethin-Sweet Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 10:44pm
post #136 of 165

Well, I hafta admit- after the last email I received from Julia, giving lots of details and stating to go ahead and let your boss at work know i may nee to have off, I did have my hopes up.....but alas I never got the call.... icon_sad.gif

Good Luck to all who are picked for semifinals!

all4cake Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 11:30pm
post #137 of 165

Seriously. I thought it was not going to be determined by them until this weekend. That would mean that those chosen would get a call sometime next week, right?

Did I read another poster's response from Julia wrong?

all4cake Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 11:33pm
post #138 of 165

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:29 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is what I heard today...I emailed the lady who contacted me..her name is Julie and this is what she wrote...Hi Nancy,
We are choosing semi-finalists this weekend. If chosen to be moved on to the next round you will be contact for a producer....so I guess we will all continue waiting...

Nope. I read it right. Note the day...Monday. That would mean this weekend referred to THIS weekend,right?

Don't give up just yet.

Somethin-Sweet Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 11:39pm
post #139 of 165

Thanks all4cake..... I emailed her on the 13th of this week and her reply to me was that if I didn't get a call this week then I would know they decided I would not be a semifinalist......so I dunno!!

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 1:07pm
post #140 of 165

I received an email on Friday the 15th from Julia (not a Julie) sending me a bit different release form than I had previously signed and asking me to get it to her asap as they are deciding this weekend (16 &17)

all4cake Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 1:54pm
post #141 of 165

I want to wish you all the BEST of luck!

Celinescakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Celinescakery Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 1:58pm
post #142 of 165

I got this auto-respond email today:

Hello,

I will be out of the office from July 11th until July 18th. If you
need immediate assistance, please contact Dominique Bouchard.
Casting has ended for the Next Great Baker Season 2. We will only be
in touch with people that have been chosen for the semi-finals. It was
a fantastic experience watching all of the videos and getting to know
everyone. Have a wonderful summer! Thank you!!

-----------------------

So I guess they already have chosen or will chose this weekend! Still hope : )

Luck to you all.... Celine

Celinescakery Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 5:00pm
post #143 of 165

Hi everyone - I just wanted to share the email I got today.... It's over for this season but at least we know, right : )

C.

-------------------------------------

Thank you so much for participating in the casting process of Next Great Baker Season 2! It was a really tough decision but TLC has made all of the semi-finalist picks. We loved you and thought you were amazing but unfortunately the network decided not to move forward with you. Please don't feel discouraged as you made it very far in the process. Keep on baking and make sure to come back next year!

--------------------------------------

Nancv Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 5:05pm
post #144 of 165

Celinescakery....
thank you for posting the message you received..now i can stop checking my emails with hope...finally i can move on to the next chapter in my life...it was intense while it lasted...and that was just waiting for a response...i could only imagine what i would be feeling if i had been choosen...omg...good luck semi finalist...

SugarSugarDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarSugarDesserts Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 6:25pm
post #145 of 165

Did anyone else get an email like that yet about casting being over and semi-finalists being picked??

Celinescakery
Did you send them an email asking and then got that response or did they just send you an email out of the blue?

Celinescakery Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 6:33pm
post #146 of 165

I asked them if they already picked their semi-finalist. It would be nice to know because I also wanted to plan my vacation (there's a life besides that show, right thumbs_up.gif

Good luck to all those semi-finalist out there!!! Go for it....

Celine

Somethin-Sweet Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 6:34pm
post #147 of 165

Yep just got the same rejection letter! My only problem with this whole process, is how they string you along and get your hopes up- I mean telling to to let your boss know and all that these dates you may need off.....it really sucks! I would rather not know anything until it's all final! I don't think I'll be putting myself through this again!! Totally heartbreaking.....

SugarSugarDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarSugarDesserts Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 8:01pm
post #148 of 165

rejection letter here too....icon_sad.gif

sechrestloans Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 8:36pm
post #149 of 165

Did you guys email to get the response or was it automatically sent?

Somethin-Sweet Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 9:38pm
post #150 of 165

Mine was automatically sent-

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%