Texas Baker's Bill!!!

Decorating By TexasSugar Updated 26 May 2011 , 3:21pm by Connie1027

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 26 May 2011 , 2:04pm
post #1 of 3

Just sharing!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/texas-bakers-bill/huge-news-the-bakers-bill-is-alive/213673325332932

Cutting and pasting from the above link for those that don't have facebook.

I am thrilled beyond words to announce that the bakers bill is NOT dead! Representative Kolkhorst has attached a cottage foods amendment to SB 81, and the bill has now passed out of the House and is on the way to the Senate for final approval!

We must get the Senators on board with this bill as amended by the House! Here is your mission:

1.Call your own State Senator! Tell his/her staff to vote YES on this bill as amended by the House. Explain in common sense language what the bill does it allows consenting adults to buy a cake from their neighbor if they want to! It creates jobs! Tell them that 22 states already have this law, and in 2011 alone, Washington State, Arizona, Florida, Arkansas, and South Dakota have passed similar legislation. Tell them that this issue is critical, and if necessary tell them that your vote hinges on its passage.

2.If you dont know who your State Senator is, go to this link. You are calling your State Senator in their Austin office! http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/ You can also call the Capitol switchboard and ask who your State Senator is. 512-463-4630

3.DO NOT CALL KAY BAILEY HUTCHINSON OR JOHN CORNYN, THEY ARE US SENATORS AND CANNOT HELP US.

4.Call Senator Jane Nelsons office. She is the Senate sponsor of this bill, and we need her to support Representative Kolkhorsts amendment! Tell the staff that it is critical to you that Senator Nelson support this bill as amended! 512-463-0112

5.Get every Texan you know to make the same calls. I cant stress how important this is, its the end of the session, this is the last push.

I am very sorry for the secrecy that has surrounded this development, confidentiality was critical, and the operation was conducted in a manner that would make the CIA proud. It was all to preserve the chances of the bill passing.

If you are one of the folks who has posted recently that you feel you didnt do your share this session, now is your time to jump in and make a difference. Lets pass this bill.

2 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 26 May 2011 , 2:30pm
post #2 of 3

YES! Everyone please call right this moment! It only takes a minute and the staff are really nice. The deadline is midnight SATURDAY, there is not a moment to spare.

Connie1027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Connie1027 Posted 26 May 2011 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much for keeping us posted on this. I wasn't sure where it stood, but I knew the legislative session was almost over!! I called and I also emailed Senator Nelson's office. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will prevail. Thanks again!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%