3-D Phineas And Ferb

Decorating By MissCuteCupcakes Updated 24 May 2011 , 7:45pm by MissCuteCupcakes

MissCuteCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCuteCupcakes Posted 24 May 2011 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 4

ok, I have a prospective customer who would like to have the following in 3D cake form

http://images.buddytv.com/articles/Image/phineas-and-ferb/phineas.jpg

http://images.buddytv.com/articles/Image/phineas-and-ferb/ferb.jpg

Luckily, she only wants from the neck up to be cake. I have no clue where to begin, or how to form their heads. she didnt mention anything about their bodies, but it would be nice to have some kind of base for each head to stand on.

any ideas please??

3 replies
emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 24 May 2011 , 7:21pm
post #2 of 4

Fabulous! I love that cartoon!

Ferb would be easier, since he already has a cylindrical head. I would make a taller (double-barreled) cake, and simply add on a nose with RKTs for him, as his eyes could probably be just two-dimensional.

For Phineas, I would also do a cylindrical cake, and build up the triangular shape with RKT. He's supposed to be shorter anyway, so I wouldn't go crazy trying to make it a huge triangle. The eyes, I would add on as RKT as well.

For both, though, I would build a neck (and a little bit of torso) by mounting them on a foam base, decorating the foam base with a little bit of the characters' shirts (collar for Ferb) and driving a dowel through it all to anchor it to the drum underneath. I did something similar in one of my very first pictures, with the John Adams head and powdered wig where I mounted the entire cake on a foam circle underneath.

HTH!

inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 24 May 2011 , 7:22pm
post #3 of 4

Gulp.....Gee Ferb, I know what we are going to do today! Have you tried searching some out here? I saw a stork on here once that had a tube with a board on it that made the head. Could Phineas be done like that??? Ferb could just be a stacked cake with RKT nose? Golly, now I am curious!

MissCuteCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCuteCupcakes Posted 24 May 2011 , 7:45pm
post #4 of 4

emiyeric, thank you sooo much!

quick question about the RKT, how would i attach it to the cake?

also, she doesn't want the cakes to be too big, so I'm thinking about using some 6 inch cakes to build the cylindrical shape and just shaping it using a outline

and any idea on how much i should charge for both cakes? i've never done a cake like this so i have no clue

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%