(Tasteful) Penis Cake/cupcakes

Decorating By augurey Updated 24 May 2011 , 9:39pm by Texas_Rose

augurey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
augurey Posted 24 May 2011 , 12:15am
post #1 of 5

My boyfriend's sister's bachelorette party is upcoming - June 11. His other sister and I have discussed doing a penis cake or cupcakes. There's not going to be a lot of people.

I'm not doing anything "authentic"; just more or less the shape. We're trying to do go with things of her favorites (such as actors, colors, etc ).

So if I were to go with a penis cake, I would just frost it in white buttercream and put small purple flowers in various spots -- like I said, not exactly going with authentic, but more just the shape. (Probably sounds odd to most -- I've only just thought about this and have no idea if this would be a good idea or not).

As there wouldn't be that many people, I'm worried that a penis cake would be too much cake. I also contemplated on getting a penis cupcake mold, but I don't really know if I want to do that.

But then I was thinking today -- I don't want it all to be too "penisy" -- just the concept, just a touch of it.

So I was thinking your every day average cupcakes (decorating them as you would for any occasion), but on each cupcake place a small penis shape (from fondant or gumpaste). That way it's not too focused on the penis, but just gives that touch. And then place all the cupcakes in a penis shape (not sure if that'd work unless I made a lot of cupcakes).

Maybe I'm way off base - but does anyone have suggestions or think that the cupcakes with the fondant/gumpaste penis shape would be doable? Are there better/other tasteful ideas?

Also, if I do end up doing the cupcakes w/ the penis shapes -- My guess is that it would be out of fondant or gumpaste, but I'll be honest, I really have no clue which I should use, or if I should be using something else? Also, in order to get the shape, I've been looking for cutters and can only seem to find penis cookie cutters which would seem to be too big.

Is there something else I could use to make the shapes or would I just have to free hand it?

4 replies
SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 24 May 2011 , 12:37am
post #2 of 5

How about chocolate molds ? Look on this page, there are some teeny sized ones, perfect for a cupcake topper! icon_smile.gifhttp://www.candyplus.net/adultmolds4.html

And here is a penis cupcake pan: http://www.bachelorette.com/bp13886.html

And cookie cutters and other delights LOL http://chocolatefantasies.com/bachelorettecookware.htm

Rhonlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonlynn Posted 24 May 2011 , 2:53am
post #3 of 5

Gum paste is a good idea, and it'd be easy. Would your gumpaste dry in time of the party? I got to thinking, how about a tiny penis shaped, on a regular cupcake? That'd be kind of funny, like a little penis chocolate.

augurey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
augurey Posted 24 May 2011 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 5

SugarFrosted, lol those are great websites! I never considered a chocolate molds. That could definitely work out.

Rhonlynn, I figure with the gumpaste I can always do them during the week of the party. It wouldn't be until evening (06/11, Saturday), so I think if I worked on it during the week I'd be able to make it work. How long does gumpaste last? What's the earliest you should start?

I'm trying to get to the store this week, and depending on what I can find there is probably what'll mostly determine what I end up doing -- I'm not sure if I would have enough time if I ordered from a website without paying insane shipping costs. Though I'll probably still check in case if there is time.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 24 May 2011 , 9:39pm
post #5 of 5

You can find penis candy molds at adult video stores...not at all of them, but the ones marketed toward women, that have a big selection of "toys" and lingerie, usually carry bachelorette party supplies.

There are other cute ideas for a bachelorette party, if you don't want it to be too raunchy. Something like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alibethcakes/2896016795/ would be cute. There's also a Debbie Brown cake that has a pile of fondant panties on the top.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%