Airbrushing

Decorating By kristiemarie Updated 31 May 2011 , 12:03am by YummyCreations

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 23 May 2011 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 6

Can I just say that the airbrush has got to be the greatest thing since sliced bread?

icon_biggrin.gif

I love it and cannot wait to get a cake to do with it!!!

5 replies
kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 23 May 2011 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 6

Agreed! Best cake tool I ever purchased!!

YummyCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YummyCreations Posted 30 May 2011 , 11:31pm
post #3 of 6

I just bought the Duff Airbrush yesterday and haven't tried it yet and I'm new to airbrushing cakes. Can you please tell me if I can use the same vodka/food coloring gel mixture in the airbrush that I use when I paint with a brush? At Michaels they sold Duff Airbrush Paint so I was confused if I could make my own. Thanks!!!!!!

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 30 May 2011 , 11:57pm
post #4 of 6

Americolor is WAY cheaper than Duff's save your money and by it on ebay! You can make it from food color and vodka, if you make your own make sure it is mix SUPER good clogs will make your life miserable! I buy Americolor airbrush color off ebay in the 4.5 oz size.

Sorelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sorelle Posted 30 May 2011 , 11:58pm
post #5 of 6

Americolor is WAY cheaper than Duff's save your money and by it on ebay! You can make it from food color and vodka, if you make your own make sure it is mix SUPER good clogs will make your life miserable! I buy Americolor airbrush color off ebay in the 4.5 oz size for about the same price as Duff's 1 oz size.

YummyCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YummyCreations Posted 31 May 2011 , 12:03am
post #6 of 6

Thank you sooooo much for your reply!!!!! I will go on ebay and start looking icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%