Did A Bill Pass In Texas?

Decorating By instant-gratificaketion Updated 26 May 2011 , 6:46pm by kelleym

instant-gratificaketion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
instant-gratificaketion Posted 21 May 2011 , 12:37am
post #1 of 8

I can't get through all that legal mess! Is there an approval in the works for Texas home bakeries?

7 replies
Buttercream_warrior Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Buttercream_warrior Posted 21 May 2011 , 12:57am
post #2 of 8

yea...i dont understand the political talk either!lol..i want to know too!

reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 21 May 2011 , 1:08am
post #3 of 8

There was a bill about cottage food laws that got through to the House for voting. Unfortunately it did not get on the L/C calendar and never came up for voting before the deadline (5/13) and so it died. They said it had too much opposition from Harris county health department. I was really hoping this would go through. We'll have to work on it again in 2 years.

Buttercream_warrior Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Buttercream_warrior Posted 21 May 2011 , 1:12am
post #4 of 8

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!what a bummmer!! thanks alot harris county!

reginaherrin Posted 21 May 2011 , 1:36pm
post #5 of 8

Yeah it was kinda crazy that a few city workers had more pull then hundreds of bakers supporting this bill.

reginaherrin Posted 26 May 2011 , 6:16pm
post #6 of 8

I am so happy to update that the Texas food cottage law may still go through. The original house bill did die but another bill that got through to the senate was amended to include cakes made from home. All the supporters are trying to get everyone to call their state senators (in Texas) to get them to vote yes for SB 81. I think they should be voting on it today.

robinmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinmarie Posted 26 May 2011 , 6:36pm
post #7 of 8

I have made all my calls!!! I sure was upset when I found out the bill died, but I saw the post on my fb page yesterday that their was an addendum for the cottage law, I had tears in my eyes that we could still have a chance. My husband didn't know what to think when I called him screaming for joy.....Keep your prayers that this law will pass!!!!

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 26 May 2011 , 6:46pm
post #8 of 8

Here are the full details of the new development. The deadline is SATURDAY.
http://www.facebook.com/notes/texas-bakers-bill/huge-news-the-bakers-bill-is-alive/213673325332932

If you can spare 60 seconds, and you are in Texas, PLEASE call Senator Jane Nelson's office and tell the staff that you support the House amendments on SB 81 and you would like her to concur and move the bill forward as soon as possible! ANY Texan can call! 512-463-0112

Please remember to make your call short and sweet! They appreciate kindness and brevity. You may also want to thank the staff members for their long hours and hard work. This is the home stretch, the deadline for bills is Saturday midnight, and the session ends on Monday. As a reminder, the Texas Legislature only convenes every other year, so they will not come back until January 2013.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%