Help With A Torn Mold

Decorating By Rhonlynn Updated 23 May 2011 , 1:11am by Rhonlynn

Rhonlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonlynn Posted 20 May 2011 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 8

The one unique item I own, and my 20 year old son got mad, and ripped (not entirely in half), my Sugarveil mold.

I'm not inviting anyone into our family fight...but until I order a new one (the entire set, infact and I'll hide it once I get it), does any know what I can do to repair it? I used it only once, it's brand new. I actually have icing in it, now, cause it's what i was intending to do, to make a couple of more strips.(I don't easily give up)..this time totally waiting for it to dry, until I remove it from the mold. not being hasty like yesterday. And the angry son part....that's taken care of too. But, the mold is ripped through, to about an inch from the edge.

I am ordering the entire set on next Friday.

7 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 20 May 2011 , 8:42pm
post #2 of 8

Well I would try duck taping the back of the mould until
your new one arrives super glue might work too. If it's that
nice strip of lace that repeats itself I would look to see if I
could cut the mould shorter.

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 20 May 2011 , 9:03pm
post #3 of 8

I know that this may sound tough and unloving, but if that was my son, he would not only replace the old mold that he tore, but he would be buying the entire set himself for me on my time. If he does not have a job then make him do things to help you around the house. If he still lives at home and there are certain responsibilites and privileges then tighten the belt some. They are not going to learn to be responsible for their actions if the learn that "Mom just will buy another" and they do not have any repercussions. I know that this site is not to handle discipline, but as far as I am concerned that is what this young man needs to learn now!! Buy it, but then make him pay you back for it in a set amount of time. That is the only suggestion I have.

Well, no, I guess not, but I don't know what you have available in that area. I had a mold tear on me that belonged to a good friend who had loaned it to me in good faith. I was going to have someone repair the old one and they could, but it was cheaper for me to buy her a new one of the same mold and I bought myself one as I loved the flower. But some companies that make molds can repair torn ones. Maybe you could even get on that site and find out if that would be possible if something happened again.

Rhonlynn Posted 20 May 2011 , 11:10pm
post #4 of 8

I made him reorder it, and he saw another one, and ordered that for me too, and also some frosting. And i'm giving him 10 days,and if he messes up again, he's out.

Rhonlynn Posted 20 May 2011 , 11:11pm
post #5 of 8

He has a job. He can afford it. It didn't break him.

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 21 May 2011 , 5:06pm
post #6 of 8

I am very happy that you were not mad at me for meddling. Sometimes when I hear about a kid(adult) doing something like that it makes me so mad I could scream. Mainly because the reaction of the parent ends up making excuses for their children's very poor behavior and I sometimes don't get myself stopped before I react. I am also very happy that he ordered it and got you something else too.

stormrider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stormrider Posted 21 May 2011 , 5:51pm
post #7 of 8

Why not give Sugarveil a call and ask them if it can be repaired somehow. Who knows maybe you'll end up with 2 great molds!

Rhonlynn Posted 23 May 2011 , 1:11am
post #8 of 8

I know her from Facebook and here. I should try to do that. That's a cool idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%