When For This Wedding Cake?

Decorating By annlw Updated 20 May 2011 , 12:58pm by annlw

annlw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annlw Posted 20 May 2011 , 11:39am
post #1 of 4

It's Friday night where I am and I've got my three tiers frosted smoothly with BC. They are in the fridge now but unassembled--still need to stack and add borders and fondant decorations along the sides
Should I do the rest now? Once I'm done, should I put back in the fridge or leave out in my kitchen (it's pretty dry and about 65 here right now)...will the decorations hold up?
I'm worried about drying out my cake if I leave in the fridge all night.
HELP!!

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 20 May 2011 , 11:51am
post #2 of 4

Unless the cake has a perishable filling there's no need for it to be n the fridge at all. I've been diong this for 50 years and do NOT refrigerate cakes.

Go on an add the fondant decos on the sides and if you are confident in your support system you can prestack the bottom two tiers. If not, then assemble and border on site.

annlw Posted 20 May 2011 , 12:56pm
post #3 of 4

It's a lemon curd filling...I've taken it out of the refrigerator and stacked the bottom two. I would rather not put it back in the fridge (no dry cake! )--will the lemon curd be okay for a day?
icon_biggrin.gif

annlw Posted 20 May 2011 , 12:58pm
post #4 of 4

or another option--could i just put it in an air conditioned room? the pick-up is tomorrow at 2 p.m. (it's 9 p.m. right now)...guessing people will eat it at about 6...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%