Ateco Two Color Striper Bag

Baking By sarascakecreations Updated 20 May 2011 , 10:43pm by jmchao

sarascakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarascakecreations Posted 19 May 2011 , 4:04am
post #1 of 4

Hello,

So I've wanted to try these bags for a while hopefully someone can help me out. They are made by Ateco and they are 18inch with a seperation down the middle... so I bought them but I am completely confused as to how I go about adding a coupler and a tip???

The back of the bag says: Insert decorating tube into an Ateco re-usable or disposable decroating bag. Use a coupler if you want to interchange similar size tubes.

So sorry if it's a dumb question but how the heck do I insert a tip into this bag???

3 replies
matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 19 May 2011 , 4:22am
post #2 of 4

Once you fill the bags and clip the tips, you put the whole thing in a regular piping bag that has the tip in it.

saffronica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saffronica Posted 19 May 2011 , 4:22am
post #3 of 4

It sounds to me like you need to insert it into a regular bag fitted with a coupler and tip. If that's the case, I'm not sure why you need the fancy bag; couldn't you just do the same thing with two bags? Or with the frosting plug method (http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-38404.html)?

jmchao Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmchao Posted 20 May 2011 , 10:43pm
post #4 of 4

Hahaha! Thanks for posting this! I grabbed a package of these by accident a couple of weeks ago as they were right next to the regular 18 inch bags. I didn't notice until I had already opened the package and pulled one out to fill... I sat there perplexed for quite some time. I thought it'd be fun to use them on some cupcake I am doing for a birthday party tomorrow, but wasn't even sure how to use them! Thanks for the tip about inserting the whole bag into another bag...I'll have to give that a try!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%