Ganache

Decorating By SarahBeth3 Updated 19 May 2011 , 3:12pm by SarahBeth3

SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Posted 18 May 2011 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 6

I'm going to be covering a cake with poured ganache and this is my first time. I am wondering if I can pour it 24hrs in advance and if so, do I need to refrigerate it? Thanks!!

5 replies
suzied Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzied Posted 18 May 2011 , 11:08pm
post #2 of 6

I am not an expert at this, but from the little i know, i dont think you should. unless there is some perishabe filling inside the cake. what is the filling inside the cake? Any experts out there? help.

MaryAnnPriest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryAnnPriest Posted 18 May 2011 , 11:34pm
post #3 of 6

I'm not an expert either, but I would leave it out (unless the filling is perishable).

I'm thinking the chocolate will start to sweat when you take it out. Water is not the enemy of ganache that it is to chocolate. But the sweating may not be the look you're going for..tee,hee.

Anyone out there know if ganache will sweat???

SarahBeth3 Posted 19 May 2011 , 2:56am
post #4 of 6

I don't want to put it in the fridge if I don't have to, i just didn't know if it could sit out that long. I know NOTHING about ganache & thought maybe it had to be kept cool.

The filling is more ganache with crushed up Kit Kat bars.

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 19 May 2011 , 4:27am
post #5 of 6

it will sit out fine , I use ganache all the time , I often leave it out for several days , will no ill effect, if you refrigerate it you will lose that lovely shiny finish.

SarahBeth3 Posted 19 May 2011 , 3:12pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much Chellescakes. I feel much more comfortable doing it now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%