Too Moist Cake

Decorating By DebraW55 Updated 18 May 2011 , 7:35pm by Lovin_Cakes30

DebraW55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebraW55 Posted 18 May 2011 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 3

I was experimenting with a 3 tiered cake. I covered it in fondant and it took several days to decorate it. I then took the cake apart to see how it was and the cake itself was so moist it tasted like it wasn't cooked all the way through! What did I do wrong? It was covered in fondant and sat at room temp for about 6 days. Is this the problem? Please help!!!
Deb

2 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 18 May 2011 , 7:22pm
post #2 of 3

I don't think you did anything wrong... I like moist cake!

The longer it sits at room temp, it has more time for the flavors to "meld" together for a more moist cake... I don't see it as a problem.

Perhaps you're description of "tasted like it wasn't cooked all the way through", is too harsh and is what most would describe as moist cake.

There's a big difference... you'll definitely know when it's raw.

Lovin_Cakes30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovin_Cakes30 Posted 18 May 2011 , 7:35pm
post #3 of 3

I have the same concern with a chocolate cake I made Sunday. It seemd almost too moist! I did a mix with pudding already in it plus added instant pudding and did not level it by cutting but pushed it down until it was level. Makes me nervous...don't want to give anyone anything not done all the way! I did the tooth-pick test and it was clean but still seemed under done.

I hear you on this DebraW55! I was wondering the same thing about mine! What kind of cake was it? I seem to have a problem with chocolate cake cooking too fast on the outside and not fast enough in the middle!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%