Help! Cupcake Liners Are Ugly After Baking

Baking By FrugalMommy Updated 23 May 2011 , 5:11pm by scp1127

FrugalMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrugalMommy Posted 18 May 2011 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 11

Hi, I am hoping someone can tell me their secret! I am new to cupcakes and I want to know what the trick is for cupcake liners to be pretty after baking. I used some that were hot pink with white polka dots and I used 2 liners (thinking the outside one would stay pretty). Well after baking, the liner on the inside stuck to the cupcake of course, and the one on the outside was flared out so it was painfully obvious there were two liners and it looked awful. These were for me, not for sale icon_smile.gif so not a big deal. But I have seen cupcakes where the liners look brand new. What's the trick???

10 replies
carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 18 May 2011 , 6:26pm
post #2 of 11

I have the same issue. I just put the cupcake in another new liner and call it a day.

allcake247 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allcake247 Posted 18 May 2011 , 6:38pm
post #3 of 11

Boy, oh boy! I have that same problem. If someone out there has a secret, please share it with us. I watch Cupcake Wars, theirs dont seem to flare out??

FrugalMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrugalMommy Posted 19 May 2011 , 2:47am
post #4 of 11

Carmi, do you remove the old liner first or just plop it into a new one and each cc has two liners?

gramof5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gramof5 Posted 19 May 2011 , 2:54am
post #5 of 11

I only use the foil liners that come with the paper liner inside. If it's for something extra special, I use the cupcake wrappers in addition.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 19 May 2011 , 2:54am
post #6 of 11

You need to purchase grease proof liners or the Reynolds stay bright foil liners. You can google grease proof cupcake liners and you should find several suppliers. Sur la table also sells them.

rvtanya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rvtanya Posted 19 May 2011 , 3:14am
post #7 of 11

Yes, greaseproof or the Reynolds liners are the only ones that will come out just like you put them in...or you can bake in a white liner and after baking, put a smudge of icing at the bottom of a decorative one and put the decorative one over the white liner.

MUAKPsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MUAKPsi Posted 22 May 2011 , 10:36pm
post #8 of 11

I think they (grease proof) might also be called glassine? I buy them at my local supply shop. $7 for 100. They look fantastic after baking. My only complaint is that the ones my supply shop carries tend to be a bit on the short side.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 23 May 2011 , 3:49am
post #9 of 11

I agree with greaseproof or Reynold's. This is not a place to cut corners.

Sheryll317 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sheryll317 Posted 23 May 2011 , 4:50pm
post #10 of 11

I recently made cupcakes on 2 separate occasions and on both times the problem was that after the cupcake cooled down the liners all pulled away from the cake. I am not particularly certain if the problem is the actual cake itself, the liners or maybe even the pans. Help please!!!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 23 May 2011 , 5:11pm
post #11 of 11

The pans can cause over browning if they are dark. Some batters are worse than others for pulling away. But to solve the pulling away problem for all recipes, the quality liners are an insurance policy.

If you want a higher quality cupcake, make sure you have great recipes, heavy, light colored pans and great liners. My pans are Williams-Sonoma Goldtouch. I pay .07 and higher each for my liners.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%