How Long Can I Keep A Bare Cake Out???

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 18 May 2011 , 8:41pm by Mikel79

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 18 May 2011 , 1:49pm
post #1 of 5

Hi Cakers!

I am going to start baking tomorrow (Thursday). Party is Saturday. I have a 8" and 12" cake to bake. I only have one oven and one 12" round pan. If I bake my 8" cakes and take out of the oven at 900 am and let cool until I get home at 200 pm, is the cake going to be ok? That is going to be about 5 hours for cooling. I normally cool about 2. Will the cakes go stale in that time??

I then want to bake the 12" rounds when I get home.

Thoughts??

Michael

4 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 18 May 2011 , 2:03pm
post #2 of 5

It should be fine. You can always turn the cake upside down on a baking sheet so that there aren't any exposed surfaces.

Yaknow, you could have baked this earlier in the week and frozen it.

cakification Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakification Posted 18 May 2011 , 2:11pm
post #3 of 5

I would still pop them in the freezer. If you take them out of the oven, let them cool for about 20 minutes, then wrap them really good and pop them in the freezeer, they will come out super moist!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 May 2011 , 3:35pm
post #4 of 5

I've put cakes on the cooling rack in a cake carrier to cool many of times since it came out of the oven at bed time. icon_smile.gif

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 18 May 2011 , 8:41pm
post #5 of 5

I appreciate the help folks!

I no longer freeze cakes. Regardless on how cakes are defrosted there is always some condensation left on the cake. The condensation had caused me way to many issues that caused me to stop freezing.

I know others swear by freezing, but it just did not work out for me.

Again, thanks for the help!! =)

Michael

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%