Feedback On My Logo

Business By yummy_in_my_tummy Updated 18 May 2011 , 7:25pm by yummy_in_my_tummy

yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 18 May 2011 , 3:34am
post #1 of 26

Hi Everyone! I'm working on my logo and need some feedback! I've got two options here, both will eventually be brown and purple, although one is currently brown & blue.

What do you like? What do you hate? If you changed anything what would it be??

http://i55.tinypic.com/28r1pg0.png

http://i52.tinypic.com/68yglu.png

(I hope the links work, I'm having a heck of a time attaching the images to this post!!)

Thank you! icon_smile.gif

25 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 18 May 2011 , 5:07am
post #2 of 26

I'm not particularly fond of the font on either... "For" looks like "Fer".

LindseyLoocy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindseyLoocy Posted 18 May 2011 , 5:17am
post #3 of 26

I like the blue one better, as for the font... at first glance, fOr does look like fEr, but since you have E's elsewhere to differentiate, it worksicon_smile.gif

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 18 May 2011 , 5:22am
post #4 of 26

I don't like the font, but I appreciate the 'look' you are going for. As far as the motif is concerned, I prefer the second one (purple).

cindyloowho Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindyloowho Posted 18 May 2011 , 5:22am
post #5 of 26

I like the second, because the purple bow on the cake draws attention to it. I also thought the "for" was "fer" until I read other replies. Cute name for a cake shop!

SAHCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SAHCaker Posted 18 May 2011 , 5:23am
post #6 of 26

I think the exclamation point looks like a question mark.

The cake in the blue/brown logo is unmistakably cake. The other one could be gift boxes but it could be cake.

Overall, I think it's cute and whimsical.

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 18 May 2011 , 5:27am
post #7 of 26

On second glance, 'for' looks like 'fer' b/c the two O's in the title have their swirl going in opposite directions. At least this is why it confuses my poor brain.

gladysrdz24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gladysrdz24 Posted 18 May 2011 , 5:29am
post #8 of 26

I like the first one. Also as for the font I didn't really think the for was a fer. Until I read other peoples post did I have to do a recheck. I kind of just read and understood it fully and went on. I like the whole feel of it and didn't try to nit pick it with a magnifying glass if that makes sense.

estrada Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
estrada Posted 18 May 2011 , 6:18am
post #9 of 26

i love the first one! the cake is cute icon_biggrin.gif also, i didn't think it was 'fer' at all! i read it as 'for' icon_biggrin.gif super cute!

MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 18 May 2011 , 6:28am
post #10 of 26

I love them both. I tend to favor the the brown and blue. What program are you using to design your LOGO? Thanks.

BakerAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerAnn Posted 18 May 2011 , 7:53am
post #11 of 26

Cool name and great logo. It was hard to decide a favorite but my nod finally went to the blue and brown.

BabyDumpling Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyDumpling Posted 18 May 2011 , 8:30am
post #12 of 26

I like the brown/blue one best. As someone else said it is definitely a cake, not packages. However, I do like the brown/purple coloring better. I would not concern myself with the o in for looking like an e, I think the message is very obvious. My only critique would be that the cake looks a bit top heavy - maybe make the stand look a bit more solid. Great work and good luck with your business.

bobhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobhope Posted 18 May 2011 , 8:55am
post #13 of 26

like the 2nd one (brown & purple combination)...love the font too thumbs_up.gif

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 18 May 2011 , 1:37pm
post #14 of 26

I like the cake in the blue one better. Can you make the spacing closer together where the apostrophe is? My eye is immediately drawn to that big gap, especially since there is no spacing between the other words. Actually, I would prefer to see spacing between the words, because not having it is making my brain start to think about improper grammar and such. I like your font.

gladysrdz24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gladysrdz24 Posted 18 May 2011 , 2:01pm
post #15 of 26

I like the first one. Also as for the font I didn't really think the for was a fer. Until I read other peoples post did I have to do a recheck. I kind of just read and understood it fully and went on. I like the whole feel of it and didn't try to nit pick it with a magnifying glass if that makes sense.

ranae5463 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranae5463 Posted 18 May 2011 , 2:04pm
post #16 of 26

I like the purple one better. Because of the curvier lettering the cake looks cleaner and less cluttered. and the little purple bow pops!

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 18 May 2011 , 3:07pm
post #17 of 26

I thought the name was supposed to be "fer cake's sake". Both graphics look nice, the business name sounds a little awkward though.

Graphics-wise, I prefer the stylized cake picture in the blue logo, but the purple color looks better as well as the "Cake" being larger in the purple logo.

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 18 May 2011 , 3:21pm
post #18 of 26

I too thought it said "fer" and while I like the font, some times we cant' use the one we like because it's hard to read. I like the purple color better.

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 18 May 2011 , 3:30pm
post #19 of 26

I like the second graphic (brown & purple). I think the image is clean and contrasts well with the font.

CAKESABC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKESABC Posted 18 May 2011 , 3:52pm
post #20 of 26

I like the 2nd one (with the purple). The cake is much cleaner looking. I have no issue with the font, I like it. I do, however, think that there needs to be spacing between the words and the 's in Cake needs to be closer to the word itself.

Noobz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Noobz Posted 18 May 2011 , 4:35pm
post #21 of 26

I like both but could you lose the 'Oh'? I don't think it looks like Fer cakes sake, its just stylised.

Niki11784 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niki11784 Posted 18 May 2011 , 4:45pm
post #22 of 26

Ilike the purple! It looks classier icon_smile.gif

MaryAnnPriest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryAnnPriest Posted 18 May 2011 , 4:50pm
post #23 of 26

I like them both, but I like the 'blue' one better. Cute name!!!

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 18 May 2011 , 4:52pm
post #24 of 26

I like the purple one. I read it with no problem and didn't think it was FER until I went back and re-read. I do think you need the space between the apostrophe and the letter s closed a bit.

Depending on the program you're using, all you would have to do is delete the little swirl on that "o" so that no one is confused. I don't know why it doesn't look more like the capital letter O you have at the beginning of the name!

Pretty logo and pretty name.

ConnieJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieJ Posted 18 May 2011 , 4:54pm
post #25 of 26

I prefer the one in blue because it is softer and more whimsical to me. I also thought "for" was "fer" at first and it would be great if that could be changed in some way. The name itself is great - fun and interesting.

yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 18 May 2011 , 7:25pm
post #26 of 26

All very good responses and great points! Thank you everyone!! I didn't see "For" as "Fer" until it was mentioned, but now I do see where that is coming from. She may be able to tweek that a little. And I'll also ask her to tweek the spacing and the apostrophe (sp?) because it should be closer to the "s"

MadMillie - my little sister (when I say little, I mean she's 20) is making it for me. She's going to college for graphics art communications and I don't know how she does it, but she's amazing when it comes to graphic arts. She does small jobs on the side so if you're interested, let me know icon_smile.gif

Thanks again everyone for your feedback!!
Jen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%