Punch, Cut & Decoate Tools From Wilton

Decorating By ljdaa Updated 18 May 2011 , 3:17am by sjlilley

ljdaa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljdaa Posted 18 May 2011 , 2:43am
post #1 of 7

Has anyone purchased the new Wilton punchers? I have and I think they are so cool. Also, the gumpaste/fondant molds are the best and at 9.99 (without a coupon) they really do the job. If you get a chance, try the mold that has the buttons and bows, plus the pearl mold looks much better than the onesci try to make with the $40.00 mold

6 replies
Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 18 May 2011 , 2:52am
post #2 of 7

I agree, the prices of these new products are very affordable. The horizontal line level (or whatever it's called) is awsome as I've never been able to make a straight horizontal line on a cake. I have the punch but haven't used it yet. Just purchased the scroll punch today too - love that design for use on cookies or cakes.

Dani1081 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dani1081 Posted 18 May 2011 , 2:55am
post #3 of 7

I bought one of the fondant molds yesterday and played with it today. I am a HUGE fan! I love it and I agree that for $9.99 instead of $30 or $40 that you have to pay for a mold anywhere else, it's a great value. I got the one that's called Baroque with the swirls and bead borders. Incredible - I'm going to run out and buy more before they are all gone!

mimi4bye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimi4bye Posted 18 May 2011 , 2:55am
post #4 of 7

I bought the cherry blossom mold this weekend and it worked like a charm and was very affordable. I haven't purchased the scrapbook style punches yet, but they only had a few that looked like something I might be interested in. Most of the punches were too similar to cookie cutters I have, so I couldn't spending the money.

kimboann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimboann Posted 18 May 2011 , 3:05am
post #5 of 7

So glad to hear good things about Wilton! Seems so many on here do not care for their products but as a hobby baker I am not willing to spend a fortune. I'm doing ok with Wilton. I do like Americolor gel color better though. Looking forward to trying new molds from Wilton!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 18 May 2011 , 3:07am
post #6 of 7

I just lpoked these molds up online because I hadn't seen them yet. I can't wait to pick up a couple. I'm also thinking those punches will work with gelatin sheets...at least it will be worth a tryicon_smile.gif

sjlilley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjlilley Posted 18 May 2011 , 3:17am
post #7 of 7

I just looked at the punches and sugar sheets yesterday. I think they're cool and open up alot of possiblities! But I was dissappointed at the price of the sheets, $4 for 1 8 1/2 X 11 sheet. I was hoping the package had 3 or 4 in it.

I haven't seen these molds but i going right now to see if I can find them online. they sound just like something I was looking for!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%