Anybody Here Screwed Over By Heritage Web?

Decorating By karateka Updated 18 May 2011 , 12:04pm by leah_s

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 17 May 2011 , 4:20pm
post #1 of 6

Aside from me? Just found out that my domain name expired. No website. I owned both the .net and .com versions of my website but only the .net was up and running. Problem is, all of my online advertising and links were to the .com address, and so is the email address I've been giving everyone.

Just paid to have it renewed through the parent company, but am apparently out the hosting I paid for through December this year.

I am so disgusted I can't see straight and am working up a damn fine migraine.

5 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 18 May 2011 , 1:54am
post #2 of 6

Oh, ugh...Can you find a new host and transfer your files over, or are they all gone?

WhenTalentsCollide Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WhenTalentsCollide Posted 18 May 2011 , 5:19am
post #3 of 6

Give hostgator a try, not sure that's a huge help but they seem to be on the up and up...

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 18 May 2011 , 5:43am
post #4 of 6

Is there an official domain registrar in the USA? That would be where I would start if it was happening to me here in Oz.

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 18 May 2011 , 10:41am
post #5 of 6

I had to pay to renew the domain. Now I can supposedly get a new hosting company, but I've got some research to do. Plus from everything I've read, the parent company that inherited this mess is charging people to get their files so they can leave, and if they know you are leaving they just stop hosting you immediately. So I need to get this done ASAP and quietly.

I wonder how many emails I was not answering from potential clients while that was down?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 18 May 2011 , 12:04pm
post #6 of 6

Use GoDaddy. They're the biggest domain registar and their hosting is inexpensive. They offer every service you can think of. The website is not particularly user friendly, but they have on the phone help that is excellent.

Your website is the virtual front door to your biz. It's nothing to mess around with. We all need to choose a reputable host, and one that's "too big to fail" .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%