Ganache Mixed With Buttercream

Baking By Claireybear1121 Updated 19 May 2011 , 4:54pm by MrsMoe07

Claireybear1121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claireybear1121 Posted 16 May 2011 , 4:56pm
post #1 of 5

Hi fellow cakers,
I'm absolutely sure others have done this before, but I just thought I'd share my luck with this delicious combo!

I had someone ask for "white chocolate fudge frosting"... so my first thoughts went to white chocolate ganache, which I LOVE, however this lady's wedding was going to be outside in July, and she wanted cupcakes... so maybe not the greatest of ideas. I made her a sample of WC ganache, BC with white chocolate coffee creamer as the liquid, and then I mixed the two together 1:1--- it was amazing!! A great genuine flavor, but with the workability of BC. I thought I'd share in case anyone else wanted to play with the idea. Happy caking lovely people. icon_smile.gif

4 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 16 May 2011 , 5:10pm
post #2 of 5

Certainly sounds like a plan to me! I'd love to try this sometime. Just a question: is your BC all shortening? I ask because you mention its durability in the heat. That's not my experience with all- (or even mostly-) butter buttercream.

kello Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kello Posted 16 May 2011 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 5

This weekend I tried adding white chocolate ganach to my BC, as the client wanted a white chocolate BC, but I found it didn't really taste much like white chocolate after sitting for 24 hrs. Do you think adding the creamer would make a big difference in taste?
Thanks for posting your experience.

momto2pottsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momto2pottsy Posted 16 May 2011 , 5:20pm
post #4 of 5

Wow, thank you! I can't wait to try it!

MrsMoe07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMoe07 Posted 19 May 2011 , 4:54pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claireybear1121

Hi fellow cakers,
I'm absolutely sure others have done this before, but I just thought I'd share my luck with this delicious combo!

I had someone ask for "white chocolate fudge frosting"... so my first thoughts went to white chocolate ganache, which I LOVE, however this lady's wedding was going to be outside in July, and she wanted cupcakes... so maybe not the greatest of ideas. I made her a sample of WC ganache, BC with white chocolate coffee creamer as the liquid, and then I mixed the two together 1:1--- it was amazing!! A great genuine flavor, but with the workability of BC. I thought I'd share in case anyone else wanted to play with the idea. Happy caking lovely people. icon_smile.gif

Does this crust well?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%