I Didn't Charge Enough And It's On Face Book

Decorating By MelissaJeane Updated 16 May 2011 , 7:55pm by robinmarie

MelissaJeane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaJeane Posted 16 May 2011 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 10

I had a neighbor stop by (yes I'm legal in my state and registered) for a cake while I was vwery busy with another one. She asked for a cake for her son and I rattled off a price. I realized to late that I didn't charge enough. I covered my cost but that's about it. Oh well right? No she put on face book what I charged her, ugh! Should I ask her to tell people a different price and just explain what happened? Once I put it in excell I realized my mistake. Everyone that buys cakes from me knows I am starting out and still learning the ropes and the trade. I'm legal just not ready to hang a sign yet...obviously. Way to use that business degree I paid so much for icon_lol.gif

9 replies
VickeyC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickeyC Posted 16 May 2011 , 3:16pm
post #2 of 10

I would explain the situation to her and ask her to remove the price that she paid. I'm sure that she will understand.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 16 May 2011 , 3:16pm
post #3 of 10

She obviously got the "introductory price" or the friends and neighbors "first cake order special."

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 16 May 2011 , 3:19pm
post #4 of 10

I wouldn't worry about it. If someone asks you to make a similar cake and balks at your price because it is more than stated on your neighbor's FB page, just tell them that that your neighbor's cake was made at a discounted price.

sweetcakesbyjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesbyjen Posted 16 May 2011 , 3:19pm
post #5 of 10

I would just ask her if she could take it off and explain why I was asking her to do so. I have done something similar to this before and the customer was understanding of it. They realize they got a real deal and are happy about that. JMHO icon_biggrin.gif

WhenTalentsCollide Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WhenTalentsCollide Posted 16 May 2011 , 3:46pm
post #6 of 10

Yeah I wouldn't sweat it too much... just ask here to take down the price or ask her explain that she got a personal discount...

MelissaJeane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaJeane Posted 16 May 2011 , 4:09pm
post #7 of 10

Sounds good shes seems like a nice person. I'm sure she will understand if I just explain it to her. I just wasn't sure if that would be tacky or not.

BakerAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerAnn Posted 16 May 2011 , 6:57pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

She obviously got the "introductory price" or the friends and neighbors "first cake order special."

LOVE it! thumbs_up.gif

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 16 May 2011 , 7:48pm
post #9 of 10

I would also explain the mistake only because she will expect all the following cakes the same price

robinmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinmarie Posted 16 May 2011 , 7:55pm
post #10 of 10

Ask her to remove the price because, you would like future customers to and inquire about your cakes and prices, because each cake is made to order anything special could effect the customers price. You can also say that all prices are subject to change as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%