Where Can I Get An Edible Print Made???

Decorating By sandy1 Updated 19 May 2011 , 10:01pm by brown_suga

sandy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandy1 Posted 15 May 2011 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 7

I have a woman who would like to have an edible image made of her son's graduation picture to place on a sheet cake. What stores will do this without requiring that you buy a cake from them???? TIA Big Y won't do it.

6 replies
dorothymarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorothymarie Posted 15 May 2011 , 9:16pm
post #2 of 7

I don't know where you live but King Soopers does edible images in my city. They charge $6.

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 15 May 2011 , 9:18pm
post #3 of 7

I'm in NJ and my local Acme grocery store did some for me. I think they were $7 each. There's someone online who does it, but I was a little disappointed in the color matching.

rachel_n_jazmin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachel_n_jazmin Posted 15 May 2011 , 9:24pm
post #4 of 7

Walmart will do it for $5. I used to work in the bakery there and I know if it's a professional picture you have to have something from the photographer in order to use the picture for anything. I know the photographers in the area I worked in were very accommodating and would give us a release to print them on an edible image to use on a cake.

dorothymarie Posted 16 May 2011 , 2:07pm
post #5 of 7

How long does the picture keep if I don't use it right away? Would I refrigerate it?

dorothymarie Posted 19 May 2011 , 9:45pm
post #6 of 7

Where did all the posts go? There were several replies and they are gone????

brown_suga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brown_suga Posted 19 May 2011 , 10:01pm
post #7 of 7

Where do you live? In NYC you can get it from nycake if not I know you can order online from sugarcraft.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%