Silly Question

Decorating By Pebbles1727 Updated 16 May 2011 , 1:13pm by Pebbles1727

Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 15 May 2011 , 7:53pm
post #1 of 5

Why or why do people stick fingers in the cake? Just got the photos from a wedding photographer from this week's delivery and there are multiple finger "stab" marks on 3 out 4 tiers in the front, arghhhhhhhhhh. If you are really tempted, can you try that on the back of the cake and not front? And it was definitely not kids as most marks are on the top 2 tiers, children cannot reach there.
P

4 replies
Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 16 May 2011 , 10:06am
post #2 of 5

People really should know better. Would they go up to someone about to eat their dessert in a restaurant and jab a finger into it?

sunset74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunset74 Posted 16 May 2011 , 10:15am
post #3 of 5

I have heard of that happening and I am wondering if it would be a good idea to put up little signs that say please do not touch, in a pretty font in front of the cake that the photographer is welcome to move before pictures and such. I don't know if it would help, but I agree have some class and leave he cake alone. if you wanna poke it, wait until your piece is on your plate and by all means poke away.

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 16 May 2011 , 10:58am
post #4 of 5

I had a MOB tell me that guests did that to their cake. I guess they had never seen fondant before and couldn't believe the cakes were real.

Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 16 May 2011 , 1:13pm
post #5 of 5

I have no idea of why guests were doing it, it was not fondant, it was pretty boring buttercream cake, but it was 4 tier biggie. Oh well, as long as the bride does not come back and say that it was delivered that way, she'll have to live with "stab" marks on her wedding cake pictures. It was weddin from hell anyways, so I'm glad it's over icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%