Cake Decorating Supplies - Daytona Beach

Decorating By jackieflatt Updated 4 Feb 2013 , 5:25pm by cake guy

jackieflatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackieflatt Posted 15 May 2011 , 1:20pm
post #1 of 10

Hi I am travelling from the UK in July to Daytona Beach. Can anyone recommend some good cake decorating supply shops that i can visit on my trip. I am particularly interested in purchasing the Wilton pillow tins, one of their cake stands and First Impression moulds.

9 replies
korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 15 May 2011 , 1:28pm
post #2 of 10

If you are willing to drive near Orlando, there is a great cake store:
http://www.dandgoccasions.com/

It's kind of difficult to find, so if you go, PM me and I'll help you map out a route!

My parents live about 15 minutes north, in Ormand Beach - let me know if you need help planning your trip!

DerrellC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DerrellC Posted 16 May 2011 , 5:14am
post #3 of 10

Yes to D and G. Very nice and helpful staff. Loads of candy molds,pans ,tools .All availible in store.

DerrellC Posted 16 May 2011 , 5:47am
post #4 of 10

Jackie, also be aware that on July 1 st. and the 2 nd. there will be a huge crowd in Daytona for the NASCAR races. Traffic will be HORRIBLE !!!

jackieflatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackieflatt Posted 16 May 2011 , 5:50am
post #5 of 10

Thanks for the d & g link. Will definitely check it out. Also thanks for the advice re 1&2 July. That is actually the reason we are going to Daytona. Husband is a huge NASCAR fan!

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 16 May 2011 , 11:56am
post #6 of 10

Thanks, I always forget about that and planned to go around that time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerrellC

Jackie, also be aware that on July 1 st. and the 2 nd. there will be a huge crowd in Daytona for the NASCAR races. Traffic will be HORRIBLE !!!

DerrellC Posted 16 May 2011 , 9:34pm
post #7 of 10

Hi Jackie, have fun at the races. AS of this year I have attended 34 Daytona 500's. Have always taken a motorhome and stayed in the infield.But it was the last one I will attend. They went up from $1400.00 to over $2800.00 for the week.
Corporate greed has run rampant ,and I refuse to keep padding their pockets. Susan can buy a lot of cake toys for that amount of money, LOL

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 24 May 2011 , 12:33am
post #8 of 10

We will also be in Dayton from July 1-8. DH wanted to go to a race this year, so we bundled it w/ our vacation. What else is there to do in the area and please don't mention those theme parks ( been there done tht, doing them again next year). We are staying on the beach for the week, but what else??

cake guy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake guy Posted 4 Feb 2013 , 5:23pm
post #9 of 10

there is a cake supply store located in daytona beach that carries a large varity of decorating supplies as well as candy and chocolate making supplies.  its "gayles party cakes & supplies.  their web site is

www.gaylespartycakes.com

cake guy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake guy Posted 4 Feb 2013 , 5:25pm
post #10 of 10

have you checked Gayles Party Cakes & Supplies located in daytona beach?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%