Where Do I Go For A Moan?

Lounge By cakemoss Updated 15 May 2011 , 5:28am by cakemoss

cakemoss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemoss Posted 14 May 2011 , 5:37am
post #1 of 9

Where should one go for a moan on here? I'm really disappointed that I posted a very good cake on here yesterday and only received one comment! I am new at this cake decorating and I think I'm getting better and better. So comments are really encouraging! icon_sad.gif

8 replies
Noobz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Noobz Posted 14 May 2011 , 5:45am
post #2 of 9

I'm sorry you feel sad about it but don't take it to heart. The number of comments you get is not an indicator of how talented you are. It is a lovely cake if that makes you feel any better but don't base your 'cake asteem' on CC comments! You should feel proud of yourself anyway.

Davwattie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Davwattie Posted 14 May 2011 , 3:24pm
post #3 of 9

Your cake is great.

Ive put quite a few cakes on here and most havnt had comments but the amount of picture on here that doesnt surprise me.

I havent been on cc for a couple of days as Ive been busy doing cakes and was too tired after Id finished at night, maybe you were just unlucky that there werent many cc'ers on the day you posted or even loads of people uploaded pics so your moved on really quickly

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 14 May 2011 , 4:05pm
post #4 of 9

Its kind of strange on cc now. I don't know if its the new set up on the main page, but I have noticed that people don't comment as much anymore. Maybe the newness has worn off, not sure. I know I don't really like how the cakes scroll across, I hate that when you look at a picture, it goes back to the beginning, so I don't click on alot of the pictures. I checked out your picture and you did an amazing job.

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 14 May 2011 , 4:11pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyscakes

I hate that when you look at a picture, it goes back to the beginning, so I don't click on alot of the pictures.

If you right click on the photo and choose to open in a new window, when you close the new window, you're right back where you left offit doesn't go back to the beginning.

grandmaruth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmaruth Posted 14 May 2011 , 4:37pm
post #6 of 9

[quote="cathyscakes"], I hate that when you look at a picture, it goes back to the beginning,

???
When i ck the "last uploaded" pictures...if there is a cake i want a close up look...i click to view it then use the back arrow to go back to where i was...

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 14 May 2011 , 4:44pm
post #7 of 9

It's like the "Friday night news drop." Politicians are notorious for releasing bad news that they don't want to get much coverage on Friday nights. Everybody's busy or out and by the time the weekend's over, something new has come along to take the media attention.

Same thing on CC. Friday nights everyone is finishing up cakes for the weekend or they're out. Nobody is sitting around looking at pics like they would on a dull Tuesday. All forums are notoriously dead on Friday nights. So if you want your pics seen more, post them early in the week.

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 14 May 2011 , 6:21pm
post #8 of 9

You are not alone it happens to a lot of us and I also find it disappointing. But after a few times you will get used to it.

cakemoss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemoss Posted 15 May 2011 , 5:28am
post #9 of 9

Thank you for all your comments. You are all probably right with each different point! Particually the Friday evening one! I actually felt a little silly after I posted it! I do love this site and it really is addictive isn't it lol Well thank you all again and thank you for my cake comments xx

icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%