High Ratio Shortening...........

Decorating By panchanewjersey Updated 13 May 2011 , 3:09pm by cakegirl1973

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 13 May 2011 , 1:12am
post #1 of 6

So just a week ago I went to cash n carry because where I live it's the only place that carries Sweetex to my surprise it has gone up in price like $25 in just a year. So I am considering getting Bake Mark Hi Ratio fro CK Products. Has anyone tried it and can you tell me if you like it and if it compares to Sweetex? Thanks and sorry for sounding cheap but I really want to know the difference.

5 replies
cakification Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakification Posted 13 May 2011 , 1:16am
post #2 of 6

Im sorry, I don't know what sweetex is, but here in Canada at one of our major bulk food stores, they sell high ratio shortening so i use that in place of crisco, and it works great! I actually never use crisco because i find it greasy and it leaves a film in my mouth, but i love the HRS.

lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 13 May 2011 , 4:20am
post #3 of 6

I use Sweetex, but had ordered a 3lb tub of high ratio from Kitchen Krafts. I didn't notice a difference in quality or performance at all. Not sure if all of the repackaged stuff is the same, but tha was my experience.

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 13 May 2011 , 5:10am
post #4 of 6

Thanks ladies I don't ue Crisco but was under the impression that all high ratio works the same just wanted some feedback so I guess I will give it a try and keep my fingers crossed.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 13 May 2011 , 8:55am
post #5 of 6

Should be fine. You are lucky we can't buy Hi ratio in CA anymore.

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 13 May 2011 , 3:09pm
post #6 of 6

Just to throw out the name of another brand for you to consider--I use Alpine and love it. It's reasonably priced, too. I can get a 50 lb pail for less than $70 at my local cake store.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%