Ribbon Loopy Bows For A Floral Cake Topper

Decorating By patjobes Updated 21 May 2011 , 10:25pm by patjobes

patjobes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patjobes Posted 12 May 2011 , 3:44pm
post #1 of 3

hi i have just made a wired floral cake topper from flower paste but i need a tutorial on how to add the ribbon in sort of loopy bows it is half inch wide white silk ribbon but i have no idea how to make it look pretty, my topper is perfect but bride wants ribbon at bottom where flowerpick goes has anyone any suggestions

2 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 13 May 2011 , 2:56pm
post #2 of 3

The way I've always made these bows is to wind the ribbon around my fingers (either close together or spread out, depending on how big I want the diameter of the bow) maybe eight times. Then I pinche these rounds in the middle, leaving the same amount of ribbon on either end. With a small, sharp pair of scissors I cut a V-shaped notch on either side of the ribbon in the middle and I tie the ribbon down with a thread or a thinner piece of ribbon. Starting with the loops on one side, I pull the innermost loop out to the side and towards the center of the bow. Then I take the next loop and pull it out to the other side and do the same thing. I continue doing this, alternating sides, till all the loops have been pulled out. Then do the same thing to the loops on the other side. With a little practice, you can get a very decent-looking loopy bow. I hope this explanation has made sense - it would be SO easy with a drawing, but I don't have one! Anyway, if I haven't been very clear, I'll be happy to answer any questions.

patjobes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patjobes Posted 21 May 2011 , 10:25pm
post #3 of 3

thanks ill give this a go ive got nothing to loose

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%