Yellow On Yellow Zebra Stripe?

Decorating By DaniNicole Updated 12 May 2011 , 4:37pm by TexasSugar

DaniNicole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaniNicole Posted 12 May 2011 , 3:39pm
post #1 of 4

So, I have a cake for a 21st birthday, and she wants the cake covered in yellow fondant with a yellow sparkly zebra stripe pattern...I am assuming piping gel with sanding sugar should be fine...but has anyone seen this done before? I am just trying to picture it, and I am having a hard time, lol...

3 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 12 May 2011 , 3:55pm
post #2 of 4

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1761915

On this cake I used glue glue and Wilton's shimmer dust. The contrast was enough for it to stand out.

I can see the same thing done in Zebra and I think it would be a neat effect.

DaniNicole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaniNicole Posted 12 May 2011 , 4:01pm
post #3 of 4

I see it now (very nice cake by the way)...I kind of had a vision in my head but was struggling a little, lol...and since I know disco dust isn't edible, should I stick with yellow sanding sugar? If I could bank on no one eating the fondant, then I would use disco dust but I know some people like to eat it...the cake is for my cousin, so I will be there when it is cut, but I just get nervous when it comes to disco dust on the actual cake itself...

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 12 May 2011 , 4:37pm
post #4 of 4

On this one I used the Shimmer Dust from Wilton which is edible. You have to wet the surface and then apply it as it doesn't dissolve in liquids.

The sanding sugar is like sugar crystals isn't it? Then it will be bigger pieces. With the shimmer dust I used, it wasn't a fine grain, but it didn't look bulky either.

And thank you. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%