Sheet Cakes

Decorating By HipnotiqGlamour Updated 12 May 2011 , 3:22am by terrylee

HipnotiqGlamour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HipnotiqGlamour Posted 12 May 2011 , 12:01am
post #1 of 5

Okay people i have a quick question I am baking three full sheet cakes for a wedding, when baking for a wedding how tall do you usually make your cakes?

I have two inch pans and they want filling as well. Would a two inch cake cut and torted work? is that the standard size?

4 replies
southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 12 May 2011 , 12:44am
post #2 of 5

I've done sheet cakes as augments to the main wedding cake. Because my main cake layers are 4" tall, I have the sheet cake also 4 inches tall. I'm not sure if that's industry standard but I've found that having the sheet cake slices closely resemble the main cake makes the guests feel that they haven't been "cheated" if they get the sheet cake rather than the main cake.

HipnotiqGlamour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HipnotiqGlamour Posted 12 May 2011 , 1:15am
post #3 of 5

Thank you very much that is pretty much what i figured but wanted to make sure icon_smile.gif

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 12 May 2011 , 3:06am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HipnotiqGlamour

I am baking three full sheet cakes for a wedding.... ....I have two inch pans...

I've never seen two inch deep full sheet pans (16"x24").
Are you using the bakeable cardboard tray inserts?

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 12 May 2011 , 3:22am
post #5 of 5

I cut and tort the single layer (2" cake) it works fine and it easy to travel with. I have a wilton pay, I would consider it a 3/4 sheet pan.....or you can use 9x12 pans and put cake side by side....it make splitting the cakes easier too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%