Sugar Free Icing I Can Still Decorate With?

Baking By sweeth_tooth2011 Updated 11 May 2011 , 9:54pm by MJ2008

sweeth_tooth2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeth_tooth2011 Posted 10 May 2011 , 11:55pm
post #1 of 5

anyone know of a recipe for sugar free icing that i can use to decorate with. i have a cupcake bouquet for this weekend and need something i can pipe with, nothing fancy just basic roses. email me the recipe please! (Mod edited. If you wish to receive email from CC members, please enable that preference - don't post your personal email address in a forum post.) thanx!!!

4 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 11 May 2011 , 3:37am
post #2 of 5

If somebody has a recipe like this, I'd love to know about it, too!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 11 May 2011 , 5:55am
post #3 of 5

I am definitely interested in something like this too. I'm getting lots of request for sugarfree items and have some cake recipes i'm going to try, but a low sugar or sugar free icing would be awesome!

sweeth_tooth2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeth_tooth2011 Posted 11 May 2011 , 9:19pm
post #4 of 5

i think i've found one, i'm going to try it out and let you ladies know!

MJ2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MJ2008 Posted 11 May 2011 , 9:54pm
post #5 of 5

I always make sugar free cakes for my MIL and I just use Splenda. If the person who needs it is good with Splenda then just substitute it for your sugar. It will be a lot grainier when you first mix it up. The last time I did it I used shortening and by the next day it had melted the Splenda so it wasn't grainy. Another option is to throw the Splenda in a food processor with a little cornstarch and grind it down to be closer to powdered sugar. They might even have a Splenda version of powdered sugar. I know they have a brown sugar one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%