Fondx Elite

Decorating By LeeBD Updated 11 May 2011 , 1:34pm by DaniNicole

LeeBD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeBD Posted 10 May 2011 , 6:17pm
post #1 of 7

Hey has anyone tried the new Fondx Eilte fondant? Was just wondering about the taste and workability. Cost is a little higher than others, so was wondering if it's worth it.

Thanks!

6 replies
DaniNicole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaniNicole Posted 10 May 2011 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 7

I know some that swear by it; so I just order the Jet Black and Sexy Pink for a 1st bithday Minnie Mouse cake I am doing for May 22nd...I am anxious to see other's response to this fondant as well...I hope it is as good I have heard it is, lol...otherwise, I just wasted a good $50!

cakification Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakification Posted 10 May 2011 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 7

I have personally never tried it, so i don't know if its worth the expense. However, on one of my other posts, a local merchant near me mentioned that its made with chocolate! MMMM.. I bet it tastes delicious. Make sure you let us know how it tastes/works once you get it!

Marina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marina Posted 10 May 2011 , 7:01pm
post #4 of 7

If anyone orders a red one, please let us know how it is...the red FondX is really nasty (not edible IMO).

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 11 May 2011 , 1:04pm
post #5 of 7

All colors of FondX Elite have a slight raspberry flavor. The colors are beautiful and the product is great to work with. It is a softer product - even a bit softer than regular FondX. I have red in both FondX and Elite. I do not find regular FondX to have a nasty taste - to me, it is a neutral sweet taste. The red Elite tastes just like all other colors (I have 10 of the Elite colors - don't notice any difference in the red, black, or other intense colors, but my taste buds may be burned out LOL).

robinmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinmarie Posted 11 May 2011 , 1:17pm
post #6 of 7

I just did a cake covered in their fondont. So easy to work with. Smelled wonderful and tasted great.

DaniNicole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaniNicole Posted 11 May 2011 , 1:34pm
post #7 of 7

Yay! So happy to hear that other people liked it...now I can't wait to get my fondant! Is this fondant only sold in the 2 lb tubs?? I haven't seen a bigger tub anywhere?...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%