New At This Lol...need Help Plz

Baking By Rubi032009 Updated 11 May 2011 , 7:44am by Rubi032009

Rubi032009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rubi032009 Posted 10 May 2011 , 5:21am
post #1 of 5

Hi my name is rubi and I need advise...I've been using pastry pride on my cakes(i've made 4 haha)...anyway my problem is that I can not get it firm enough I dont know if I haven't whipped it enough or is not the right velocity (kitchenaid mixer)..or maybe the crazy weather?...i have to admit that my thing is cupcakes but not everyone like cupcakes instead of cakes lol...i would really apreciate all ur help!!! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
socalcakegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
socalcakegirl Posted 10 May 2011 , 3:12pm
post #2 of 5

Pastry Pride should be a cinch to work with. You have to whip it pretty good usually until it holds its shape in the bowl. I chill the mixer bowl before I whip it up and also use the whisk attachment. Keeping it cold is another key. Its also not really used for decorating and mostly for fillings and the base frosting, then the details are done with butter cream. Its more for the taste than the look.

Rubi032009 Posted 10 May 2011 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 5

Thank u for ur help...and the thing is that at the hispanic grocery stores decorate with it...but idk if they use something in the mix to make it firm. Thank you!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 May 2011 , 7:41pm
post #4 of 5

Yes, most likely you are not whipping it enough. There is a certain 'slap' noise it makes when it's just right - BUT.......let it go even as much as a minute beyone that and it will crack once on the cakeicon_sad.gif If that should happen just add a few tablespoons of the liquid and it will be fine againicon_smile.gif

BTW: I never defrosted the *whole carton* - I'd spoon out what I needed, let it sit in the bowl for maybe 15 mimnutes then whip it. That way I didn't waste what was left of the whole carten as it remained fzn.

Rubi032009 Posted 11 May 2011 , 7:44am
post #5 of 5

Thank u...i'll whip it a lil longer...i guess i'm afraid of over whipping it since it happened once lol...but that was an accident lol had to run after my son and totally forgot about it lol...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%