Do You Post Your Availibility To Take Orders?

Business By Dreme Updated 1 Jun 2011 , 5:07pm by Solecito

Dreme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dreme Posted 9 May 2011 , 8:22pm
post #1 of 7

Do you think it matters if the information is posted on a social network? Does that affect the perception of the business?

6 replies
pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 9 May 2011 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 7

I post my availability on my website, but I don't usually mention it on facebook. I do it purely to reduce the amount of inquiries I get for dates I am already booked.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 9 May 2011 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 7

We also post availability on our web site...if we used FB at all we would post it there too, but our business FB page is just a placeholder for people to click through to our real web site.

I don't think there would be a substantive change in perception of the business one way or the other...if people see that you are booked far in advance that does reflect positively, but if you are already booked you really don't need that additional bump.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 9 May 2011 , 10:46pm
post #4 of 7

I also have a calender on my website which shows when I am booked and available..However...I don't think customers even look at it because they still email and ask for cake 2 days before when I have it listed as booked.Go Figure!!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 10 May 2011 , 2:39am
post #5 of 7

I have a calendar on my website where I list the dates that are booked up. I don't mention how booked I am otherwise.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 11 May 2011 , 6:02am
post #6 of 7

I have a calendar. I use it for all special orders, wedding cakes and all other orders. Because it is also an e-commerce site, a calendar is a must.

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 5:07pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

I have a calendar on my website where I list the dates that are booked up. I don't mention how booked I am otherwise.

Me too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%