Feedbacks On My Cakes

Decorating By HG0265 Updated 10 May 2011 , 5:04pm by cai0311

HG0265 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HG0265 Posted 9 May 2011 , 6:00pm
post #1 of 13

I made my largest (4 tier) wedding cake last weekend. I've only done a couple of "real" wedding cakes. Anyway, I thought the cake turned out fine but am slightly disappointed that the bride & groom have not bothered to email me to say what they thought of it. I'm sure they would have contacted me if there was something wrong. To be honest, I'm only disappointed as I was hoping to put their feedback on my website as I only have one relating to a wedding cake. I wonder if you guys email all your customers after delivering cakes to get their feedback or just leave it. Also, I don't really know what to say in my email either.

12 replies
carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 9 May 2011 , 6:30pm
post #2 of 13

They just got married! I think they have other things on their minds besides the cake! icon_wink.gif
You might just wait a while and if you're still curious email them with a customer service approach, thanking them for the opportunity to be part of their special day and the hope that you are considered for all of the special events in their lives. If they write back I'm sure they will have lovely things to say. If they don't I wouldn't pursue it.
The problem with contacting clients after the fact is you are leaving yourself open to 'the cake was great, BUT Aunt Sue said it was dry...can we have a refund?"
Be careful what you wish for! icon_lol.gif

Reyna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reyna Posted 9 May 2011 , 6:33pm
post #3 of 13

Do you use Facebook? I tag people that ordered the cakes on facebook and that gives me a chance to ask how they liked it or for them to put comments when their family says "nice cake" or "delicious cake" etc. . .

countrycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycaker Posted 9 May 2011 , 6:54pm
post #4 of 13

Umm ... yeah - I'm thinking they might be kind of, you know, busy right now. icon_wink.gif I'd say give them a little more time. At least a couple more weeks. Then, if you haven't heard anything and you're still wanting the feedback, send the business-type email as mentioned above.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 May 2011 , 7:45pm
post #5 of 13

Sometimes I don't hear back from brides at all. Most of the time, actually. You definitely don't want to hear from them the day after the wedding, because that's usually a complaint!

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 9 May 2011 , 7:56pm
post #6 of 13

No news is good news in this business.... at least that is what I tell myself.

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 9 May 2011 , 8:01pm
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpiggie78

No news is good news in this business.... at least that is what I tell myself.

Ha! Ha! I have to remember that one bc sometimes I get down when I don't hear back from people.

Emmar308 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emmar308 Posted 9 May 2011 , 8:02pm
post #8 of 13

Isn't it likely they're still away on their honeymoon? We took a months vacation after our wedding so it was about 6 weeks or so before anyone received thankyou notes.

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 9 May 2011 , 8:13pm
post #9 of 13

Majority of people don't call or write unless there is something wrong. Think about it.

HG0265 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HG0265 Posted 9 May 2011 , 8:14pm
post #10 of 13

They're not going on honeymoon for another few weeks yet and besides they live together anyway. How can they be "busy" - he he he!!!!!!!!!!!!!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 May 2011 , 10:36pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by HG0265

They're not going on honeymoon for another few weeks yet and besides they live together anyway. How can they be "busy" - he he he!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're busy cleaning the house or something then!

Seriously, do you call everyone who you buy things from and thank them? I don't, so don't worry about it. If you want the feedback email in a week or so like other people have suggested and ask how everything went. I know it's hard waiting if you expected to hear from them, but most people don't send feedback.

countrycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycaker Posted 10 May 2011 , 2:00pm
post #12 of 13

When I buy stuff off Ebay sometimes the seller will send me a message something like "Thanks for your recent purchase. I work hard to receive good ratings - please take a few minutes to leave feedback. Thank you again for your business..." If you really want the feedback, you could try something like that. Of course, there's always the risk of receiving criticism as well as praise. I would still give them more time though. The only people I hear back from in a week's or less of time is family.

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 10 May 2011 , 5:04pm
post #13 of 13

I mail a hand written thank you note to all my brides. Something like this:

Name of Bride and Groom,
Thank you for choosing ________ to provide your wedding cake. It was a pleasure working with you both.

P.S. (something personal: center pieces were beautiful, hope they got the power outage fixed in time for the reception...)

Since I started doing this, almost all of the brides have either emailed me or sent their own thank you card back. I then email them that if they post their review (since I know it will be a positive review) at one of the following sites (I list 3 sites I am on that allow reviews) I will send them a coupon good for 10% off their next purchase.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%