My Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day

Decorating By Dommers Updated 30 May 2011 , 12:55pm by ReneeFLL

Dommers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dommers Posted 9 May 2011 , 5:11pm
post #1 of 7

I hate being a downer, but this story is too funny/sad not to share. I would like to start with yesterday was probably the worst day of my life. hahah
It all started on Thursday when one of the teachers from school asked me if I would bake a cake for his partner, it seemed pretty simple enough just Lady Gaga inspired a couple fondant figures all buttercream I should be able to do it one night right... wrong. So I went home Thursday after school and baked my cakes only problem I forgot to prep my pans so when I went to take them out of their pans it split down the middle. I was completely and udderly calm, I knew I could bake them on Friday so on Friday I baked another one. I was up until midnight working on it and decided to retire for the night, I did need some sleep so I set my alarm for 3am. Being as determined as I was to finish my cake I got up at three a.m.and began my work I was even thinking it looked really good. I then jumped in the shower and Derek left to take the MCAT. After being in the shower for about five minutes I realized that my duffel bag was in Derek's car and I was sure he hadn't moved it to my car. I called him and he said where he was and that I could come and pick it up because he wouldn't have time to turn around and return it. So I got dressed, put my hair in a ponytail and an out the door. Derek had warned me that there was a bike race down curry so I needed go down a different road, no problem I took another road and I got there in record time and loaded up my car. I was on my way to the freeway when I realized that because of the race that the entrance to the freeway was closed no problem, I'll drive down to university. I get down to University and it's pretty busy because of Graduation totally fine I pass ASU and lo and behold at the train tracks there is a train! When in the world is there a train in Tempe? NEVER!! But it's still okay I still have plenty of time to get to school before 8.30. The rest of my trip goes pretty smoothly. I arrive at school and check my cake only to discover that the grand canyon has developed down the middle of my cake! I break down in tears. I call my trusty cousin Jodi who tells me to come over to her house and we'll fix it right up. So I pick up a box cake because I don't have time to make a real cake and head over to her house. I prep the pans and bake the cakes put them in the freezer to cool them down pull the cakes out of the pan and pull the cake out of the pans guess what happens? Complete and udder fail! My cake collapses again! What the potato!?! So I break down and Jodi, being as calm as she is calls Safeway and they say I can pick up two pieces of just cake run around the corner and come back to Jodi's house and finish my cake, it looks awesome. Jodi and her little family take off to dinner and leave me to clean up my mess. I finish up and take off but get no more than 5 blocks and my car starts to slow down, guess what I ran out of gas! Good thing I have such an amazing husband because he brings me gas and a hug and directions to where I need to take the cake. Well his cousin looked up the wrong address and sent my 2 miles in the wrong direction which is totally fine I found the house and headed home not without stopping at sonic for a drink and then coming home and going to bed at 8p.m. I slept for 12 hours ladies and gents and it was so worth it.

So now that I have told you the travesty don't feel bad for me it is over. And today is a new day, the Lord will bless me. I know I will have many more trials in my life but I have far more blessings!

P.S. The cake looked amazing

6 replies
NJCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NJCakery Posted 9 May 2011 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 7

What a crazy day! I'm sure many of folks had some similar, and getting through them is always amazing! Generally good for laughs when distance has made it easier to look at! We're only given what we're able to handle, or something like that, right?! icon_smile.gif

KellyJo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellyJo3 Posted 11 May 2011 , 11:37pm
post #3 of 7

wow! What a day for you! I'm glad your cake turned out after all of that.Sorry you had such a bad day and I hope that was the last of them! : )

bohemiagetsajob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bohemiagetsajob Posted 12 May 2011 , 12:25am
post #4 of 7

I too am sorry you had such a rough timeand I'm glad the cake looked amazing. I just wanted to say that I loved the title of your post and that book!

YellowBrickRd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YellowBrickRd Posted 15 May 2011 , 6:49am
post #5 of 7

thumbs_up.gif

amygortoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amygortoncakes Posted 26 May 2011 , 1:02am
post #6 of 7

I am so sorry but I am cracking up at your bad luck (in a good way) The kicker for me was the bicycle race...I mean really. This kind of stuff happens to me all the time.

Once my Mom and I drove 4 hours to this supposed awesome thrift store and it just so happens that the day we picked was their annual picnic. We now call days like that "annual picnic"

Great cake, wouldn't know what it took to get it to that point.

ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 30 May 2011 , 12:55pm
post #7 of 7

Wow, what a crazy day! Which cake is it?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%