How Much In Advance Can I Do These?

Decorating By AMOVERBY Updated 9 May 2011 , 5:49pm by Dayti

AMOVERBY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AMOVERBY Posted 9 May 2011 , 4:12pm
post #1 of 2

I'm going to be making a gumpaste plaque with an edible image on it. How far in advance can I make this?

Also, going to be doing some fondant shapes on wire, how far in advance can I make these?

Her party is next weekend the 21st, I'll be assembling her cake on the night of the 20th. I'm a newbie and I have 3 small kids so I really want to pace myself with all the extra decorations so I'm not overwhelmed the night of. This is my first time doing both, so I'm not postive on how long it takes for everything to dry. Any tips on either would even be appreciated.

1 reply
Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 9 May 2011 , 5:49pm
post #2 of 2

You can make gumpaste items months in advance if needed, and store them away from dust and light (like in a lidded cardboard box). So you can start now if you want to, but definitely a good few days before - don't leave it to the night before. Remember to dry your plaque on the side of a cake tin or dummy that's the same size of the cake, if you need it to have the same curvature as the side of the cake. If it's just going on top, just dry it flat (if the top of your cake will be flat that is!).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%