Another Royal Icing Question

Decorating By bellosoc Updated 7 May 2011 , 12:08am by bellosoc

bellosoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellosoc Posted 6 May 2011 , 2:34am
post #1 of 5

After making your royal icing decoration in this cake flowers. if I put them in a container after they get dry would they get weak again?????
I try to make them before but it took quite a while to dry but after they are dry if I place them in an air seal container would they get damage???

4 replies
goddessa12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goddessa12 Posted 6 May 2011 , 2:56am
post #2 of 5

Once the flowers are dry, you can put them in tupperware or whatever and they will stay dry. I made some for practice and they stayed dry and fine for over a year and even survived a cross country move.

Westheimer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Westheimer Posted 6 May 2011 , 2:57am
post #3 of 5

I've kept royal icing flowers in a tupperware container for several months before and they looked/felt just like the day I made them. (I actually just forgot about them, that's why they were there so long! I threw them out anyway, though. There are limits...)

I put a few paper towels in the bottom to cushion them. Don't know if it helped soak up any humidity. Just keep them in a cool, dry place.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 6 May 2011 , 2:34pm
post #4 of 5

As long as they are completely dry you shouldn't have any issues. If they aren't, then the moisture will make them all soft.

You can also save them in a cardboard box.

bellosoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellosoc Posted 7 May 2011 , 12:08am
post #5 of 5

OMG thanks so much for your help, is very much appreciated now I don't have to worry. Thanks again

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%