Need Help Finding A Large Tip!

Baking By FairyCakeLuv Updated 8 May 2011 , 6:43am by Cupcations

FairyCakeLuv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FairyCakeLuv Posted 5 May 2011 , 9:19pm
post #1 of 5

I have been using the 1M tip for my cupcakes and I really like it. I want to use a round tip and I have one at home but it seems to be too small. I am not sure which size it is. Does anyone have a good recommendation for an extra large tip? I am looking for the ones they use in bakeries...or Cupcake Wars icon_smile.gif They seem to have really large tips and I am having a hard time finding any in the local stores. I found a couple online...one is a 9PT. Not sure of the manufacturer. Someone said the Wilton 1A isn't very large. Please help! Thanks icon_smile.gif

4 replies
Mamasan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamasan Posted 5 May 2011 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 5

Wilton 1A is a pretty big tip...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00085Ficon_eek.gifK/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0000VM458&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1PDS30RP4H20AX750MTP

Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 7 May 2011 , 5:57am
post #3 of 5

Ateco makes some very large tips, the kind you see on cupcake wars are usually ateco or another brand that I can't think of the name right now.

I got some HUGE cupcake tips at a local cake supply store they are made by Bakery Craft. I love them! They pipe the kind of swirl you see on cupcakes at DC cupcakes.

Gigi's cupcakes uses a large round Ateco tip to pipe their mounds of icing on and the large ateco star tips as well.

Osgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Osgirl Posted 8 May 2011 , 3:31am
post #4 of 5

I bought a large round tip from:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetestelle?section_id=7112132

I didn't see any on her website when I did a quick search, but you could send her a message and ask.

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 8 May 2011 , 6:43am
post #5 of 5

I second Wlton 1A...its pretty big..
Its actually bigger than it seems...lol I was shocked when I first saw it icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%