Cleaning My Airbrush

Decorating By Doughnut Updated 5 May 2011 , 11:09pm by bisbqueenb

Doughnut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doughnut Posted 5 May 2011 , 4:01pm
post #1 of 5

Hey Everyone!

I just got a new KopyKake airbrush. Can anyone tell me what they use to clean theirs besides using the actual cleaning solution? Can I use something else I can pick up from Wal-Mart or the grocery store?

thanks,

4 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 5 May 2011 , 4:44pm
post #2 of 5

If it is just air brush colors running water through it will help. When I do dusts with alcohol (everclear is my choice) you can run some of the plan alcohol through it.

Doughnut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doughnut Posted 5 May 2011 , 5:34pm
post #3 of 5

thanks Texas!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 5 May 2011 , 6:28pm
post #4 of 5

You are welcome.

I would also suggested that you clean it as soon as you get done with it. If you let it set out, then the colors can dry in there.

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 5 May 2011 , 11:09pm
post #5 of 5

Dissolve a denture cleaner tablet in some water and that will clean any trace of color from your airbrush. Francis Kyper taught me that in an airbrush class years ago, and my now +30 year old airbrush is as good as new! Just run some of the solution thru the airbrush, put your finger over the end to back flush, then clean well with warm water. IF you ever need a deep cleaning....you can take apart the airbrush and soak the needle and tip in a little of the solution for a few min, put it back together and backflush with water and your set to go again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%