Please Help!!!

Baking By txscrappermom Updated 5 May 2011 , 12:51am by Cupcations

txscrappermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txscrappermom Posted 4 May 2011 , 10:09pm
post #1 of 5

I'm new to the baking world and I'm having a but of a problem...
Unless I use a double-lined, foil liner my cupcakes burn on the bottom and dry out completely. Is the problem my oven or my cupcake pan??

4 replies
CakeDiva101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva101 Posted 4 May 2011 , 10:25pm
post #2 of 5

It could be how close to the heating source you are putting your cupcakes. If you don't have a convection oven the heat most likely is coming from the bottom. I usually bake my cupcakes on the middle of the oven, away from the heating source. icon_smile.gif

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 4 May 2011 , 10:27pm
post #3 of 5

It could be your oven. Very few ovens heat to the exact temperature it says on the dial, and this can be a real problem for baking. Many people on this site (me included) swear by an oven thermometer that you place inside to get a truer reading of how hot it is. Also, cooking times are lower for cupcakes - its easy to cook them too long. And one more thing comes to mind: you might try baking them on a higher shelf, if that's a possibility in your oven. That way, the tops have time to bake at the same speed as the bottoms. Oh, and one more thing, if you're baking you cupcakes in black pans, don't. They burn everything.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 4 May 2011 , 10:33pm
post #4 of 5

I agree with the others that it is most likely the oven. A few weeks ago I took my cupcake and cake pans to a friend's house. Everything baked way too fast and Got much too dark in her oven. I felt terrible but I didn't know how her oven heated.

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 5 May 2011 , 12:51am
post #5 of 5

Its most likely your over I second the oven thermometer suggestion... & another thing might be the position of your pan... try putting it on the middle rack & bake on 325...see if it will make a difference..
When you have a problem like this the possibilities are endless you have to try each one until you figure it out...Good luck

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%