Have You Ever?

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 4 May 2011 , 7:44pm by kakeladi

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 4 May 2011 , 5:25pm
post #1 of 7

Have you ever had a client not show up for their cake? Like completely disappear on you?

Curious minds want to know. icon_wink.gif

6 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 4 May 2011 , 5:35pm
post #2 of 7

yes

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 4 May 2011 , 5:38pm
post #3 of 7

As long as they paid in advance I could care less if they show up or not.

DSmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DSmo Posted 4 May 2011 , 5:41pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

yes

Just wondering if you're answering the actual question, or the "topic" question. icon_lol.gif (thinking back to a thread about pet peeves icon_wink.gif )

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 4 May 2011 , 5:56pm
post #5 of 7

In our 3 years of operation and 500+ orders we have had exactly one customer not show up (for an 8" round, not a huge deal). We do not require payment in advance except for large orders ($200+).

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 4 May 2011 , 6:55pm
post #6 of 7

[quote="DSmo"][quote="leah_s"]yes[/quote]

Just wondering if you're answering the actual question, or the "topic" question. icon_lol.gif (thinking back to a thread about pet peeves icon_wink.gif )[/quote]

yes icon_biggrin.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 May 2011 , 7:44pm
post #7 of 7

Oh yesicon_sad.gif I've been 'stood up' a couple of time.
One time a women came in to my shop w/a little girl about 4-5. Ordered a 12x8 (1/4 sheet) cake w/a horse in a flield of flowers for the child's b'day the next day. Never showed up to claim it. Don't remember now if it was paid for or not - probably not as I didn't ask for payment up front on those sizes back then.
A lady in town owned a balloon/gift shop. She told me of how kids would call up to order balloons and not get them all the time. I guess it happens to all kinds of businesses.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%