Found! Nice Cream Cheese/ Cheesecake Bc Alternative

Baking By CiNoRi Updated 3 May 2011 , 3:21pm by CiNoRi

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 3 May 2011 , 2:23pm
post #1 of 3

I'm sure this has been around... and either way I know everyone is always asking for a good Cream cheese BC that can stand up to no refrigeration.

I'm a huge fan if Indydebi's BC, also I'm not big on super sweet Frostings.
I have tried several recipes posted on here for shelf stable Cream cheese frostings... and to me the are always WAY too sweet (probably to stabilize the Cream cheese) and I just dont taste the cream cheese.

I made Indydebi's BC recipe this way:

1. Cream in mixer - 1 & 1/3 cup Sweetex (High Ratio Shortening) about a minute or 2 <can go way longer... wont hurt it>
2. Scrape sides of bowl, cream a little more
3. Add 1 Packet Dream Whip mix a little
4. Add 1 Dram LorAnn's Cheesecake Flavor Oil, Cream about a minute- Scraping sides of bowl have way through.
5. Measure out 1/2 cup of Half & half (note you might not need all of it, or in some cases you might need a little more - depending on you local weather conditions/ the constancy needed)
6. Keeping mixer on lowest setting, alternate 2lbs of powderd sugar with half & half till fully combined.
7. scrap sides of bowl throughout mixing

I have also found that making it the day before adding to the cake helps with the cream cheese flavor!

This is a very light /not to sweet flavor!
Enjoy!

2 replies
m_willford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m_willford Posted 3 May 2011 , 2:37pm
post #2 of 3

Thanks! I'll have to try this, I've been on the lookout for some sort of cheesecake filling that isn't a lot of work and that doesn't have to be refrigerated... wanted to try some of the cake flavors from the huge flavor list somewhere on this site. icon_smile.gif

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 3 May 2011 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 3

I have done this a few times and have had a lot of compliments. If you want more Cheesecake flavor try adding more LorAnn oil. I have just stuck with the one dram because of the lighter flavor. But definitely wait 1 day before deciding to add more, since the resting time does bring out the flavor.
icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%