First Customer Complaint.

Decorating By overindulged Updated 2 May 2011 , 11:47pm by Paperfishies

overindulged Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
overindulged Posted 2 May 2011 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 6

so i totally goofed about a cupcake flavor and gave the lady chocolate instead of strawberry (she ordered 1dz white and 1dz strawberry). I am willing to give her a full refund on that one...

But on a separate cake order, there was one hair on the big fondant bow. I have dark hair, I am so embarrased. How do I rectify this?

5 replies
cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 2 May 2011 , 7:42pm
post #2 of 6

As for the cupcake order- been there- I'd offer a refund of 50% of the price of the strawberry cupcakes. Were the choc ones good? Did they eat them? icon_wink.gif OR perhaps offer a credit towards her next order.

As for the hair on the bow.... icon_redface.gif again- offer a percentage refund along with your sincere apologies....and perhaps start wearing a hat or head scarf when working. thumbs_up.gif

overindulged Posted 2 May 2011 , 8:12pm
post #3 of 6

I've always been super careful (read: anal) about hair, cleanliness and such...

there was something off about this order from the very beginning... fondant bow didn't set right and collapsed, buttercream had was very temperemental, etc that was very frustrating. I was working on another cake order at the same time and that one didn't have as many problems.

Yes, the cake was consumed.

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 2 May 2011 , 10:31pm
post #4 of 6

Every once in a while I have the "bad luck cake", or I even have the "bad luck customer." The type of customer that orders all the time and every time I end up screwing up the cake and having to redo some of it (before pickup though).

IMO you owe a full refund on the wrong cupcakes, and the cost of the bow on the other cake.
At least the hair was in the bow and not the cake! No fun, but things do happen.

overindulged Posted 2 May 2011 , 11:16pm
post #5 of 6

That's exactly what I did. I refunded the bow and the doz cupcakes. icon_smile.gif

Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 2 May 2011 , 11:47pm
post #6 of 6

I am so paranoid about hair I wear a hair net, lol. I totally look like a lunch lady and my husband makes fun of me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%