Creamcheese Buttercream Help!

Decorating By KellyJo3 Updated 2 May 2011 , 6:48pm by KellyJo3

KellyJo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellyJo3 Posted 2 May 2011 , 5:32pm
post #1 of 4

Hello. I was wondering if anyone may have a crusting cream cheese butter cream recipe to put under fondant. Or am I better off just filling the cake with the cream cheese and using regular butter cream to crumb coat? I made a wedding cake this weekend and crumb coated it in the cream cheese and it got way too soft and the fondant was all lumpy and stuff. I'll try to attach a pic of it. Also the edges ended up not being very smooth. Thank you very much for any tips or input!
I can't find the recipe at this time, but it had butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and I think that was it. Sorry, If I find it I will post it a.s.a.p.

3 replies
KellyJo3 Posted 2 May 2011 , 5:34pm
post #2 of 4

I couldn't post a pic, but it is on my profile. It's the calla lily wedding cake one : )

StacyN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StacyN Posted 2 May 2011 , 5:47pm
post #3 of 4

Edna De La Cruz has a good cream cheese icing that is a little more firm than others.

http://designmeacake.com/recipes.html

It still has a cream cheese taste but the icing is not as soft. I use it to crumb coat and then just fill the cake with a cream cheese filling that has more cream cheese. Hope that helps icon_smile.gif

KellyJo3 Posted 2 May 2011 , 6:48pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you vey much! I will try this one out! : )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%