Problem Receiving Order Placed With Online Company

Decorating By BatterBabe Updated 3 May 2011 , 4:04pm by jason_kraft

BatterBabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterBabe Posted 2 May 2011 , 5:01pm
post #1 of 8

I placed an order for some cake supplies on April 8, 2011 with a company out of California - Orange Novelty. The website said it would take approximately 10 working days for me to receive my order. I still haven't received it. I call the phone number and I always get a recorded message which states their business hours and their location. I've emailed them twice with no response. Has anyone else had problems with this company? Any suggestions on how to get my supplies or my money back? Thanks for your help!!

7 replies
MelissaJeane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaJeane Posted 2 May 2011 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 8

I found this online "PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE - Do yourself a solid and NEVER order from this vendor online. I have tried it TWICE, six months apart, and like other reviewers, you get an email saying that your order has been received, but then it never ships. When you call the store, they feign ignorance and tell you that you have to talk to the owner that doesn't ever seem to be around. When you call back to follow up, they ignore the phone, and no matter how many messages you leave, they will not call you back.

As far as their products go, they're great with decent pricing, but again - you have to go in their store, which is extremely crowded and dusty."

http://www.yelp.com/biz/orange-novelty-cake-supplies-santa-ana#hrid:zysALCsV4y_-KtwBBdtUnQ

cashley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cashley Posted 2 May 2011 , 5:25pm
post #3 of 8

Depends on where you live it could take longer and then with Easter in there with no deliveries. I live in Canada and it could take 3 to 4 weeks to get my orders from California.

Well I guess I am wrong and good luck in trying to get your money back. If you charged it on your credit card call the credit card company and explain that you want the charge reversed due to not receiving your purchase.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 2 May 2011 , 5:25pm
post #4 of 8

Well I had a look at their site and they seem to be legit so I would try again to call and see if you can leave a message and email again...

I am curious why you waited so long to get ahold of them..I has been over 3 weeks since you ordered and it should have only taken about 5-10 days to get your order...Try to get ahold of them again...

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 2 May 2011 , 6:18pm
post #5 of 8

How did you pay for it? If it was a credit card charge, you can see if it has been charged to your account. If it has been charged and you haven't received it yet, then I would contact them again letting them know if you do not hear back from them you will be calling your CC company and disputing the charge.

BatterBabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterBabe Posted 3 May 2011 , 12:52pm
post #6 of 8

I called the company on the 10th day, which was the day I should have received the supplies. I paid by debit card, so I think I will just cancel the payment. Thanks for all your advice. Is there an online site you like to purchase cake supplies that have good customer service?

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 3 May 2011 , 1:20pm
post #7 of 8

There are lots of them globalsugarart.com, fondantsupply.com, countrykitchensa.com, cakesupplies4u.com. Those are just a few off of the top of my head

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 3 May 2011 , 4:04pm
post #8 of 8

I've never done it, but it sounds like the process for disputing a debit card transaction is much more involved than disputing a credit card transaction, since with a debit card they already have your money.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4717042_dispute-debit-card-transaction.html

I strongly recommend switching to a credit card for all future transactions, there's no downside as long as you pay it off every month.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%