Stand Mixer Recomendations Please!

Decorating By rb822 Updated 16 May 2011 , 12:10pm by Sangriacupcake

rb822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rb822 Posted 1 May 2011 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 26

we are moving to england and im looking for a new stand mixer, as my bosch was just not powerful enough for me. what are your recommendations??

25 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 1 May 2011 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 26

Kenwood is good and should be available in England. Really, though, the Bosch isn't powerful enough? What's the wattage on the motor?

decoratingfool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
decoratingfool Posted 1 May 2011 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 26

well i love my cuisinart 7 qt, certainly enough power for anything i have made...

miss_sweetstory Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss_sweetstory Posted 1 May 2011 , 6:39pm
post #4 of 26

*** I'm making the assumption that you are currently living in the US:

I have a 220 wt Kitchen Aid and I love it, although expensive in comparison to US counterparts (and that takes exchange rate into account.)

Note, you can run a 110 wt (US) mixer on a countertop transformer, so you might try picking up a new or refurbished one before relocating.

If I can answer any questions about moving to, adjusting to, caking in the UK, please send me a PM. I'm happy to help reduce the culture shock if I can.

Ann

wiggler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wiggler Posted 1 May 2011 , 7:09pm
post #5 of 26

I have the Kenwood Chef , 900W , and I love it icon_smile.gif

saapena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saapena Posted 1 May 2011 , 7:50pm
post #6 of 26

Love my Cuisinart 7 quart!!

rb822 Posted 2 May 2011 , 3:58pm
post #7 of 26

wow i didnt even know cuisinart made mixers! my bosch says concept 7000 know know abt the wattage. its excellent for kneading dough but beating egg whites and things like that just take hours.
ann- i was shocked to see how much more expensive kitchen aids are in uk compared to the us. the biggest culture shock to me is the fruit cake that everyone seems to love there!
i will check out the kenwood 900

angelogoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelogoo Posted 3 May 2011 , 3:01pm
post #8 of 26

I saw a Kenwood chef at my local Costco yesterday for about £240. Has anyone got this and is that a good deal and hows the performance?

Sam_paggers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sam_paggers Posted 3 May 2011 , 3:44pm
post #9 of 26

I have been debating a stand mixer for a while now and hadn't even considered Costco, what a great idea! At £240, it's the cheapest I have heard of for a Kenwood!
xx

Sam_paggers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sam_paggers Posted 3 May 2011 , 3:46pm
post #10 of 26

tell a lie! I am looking at a KitchenAid which might make more sense!
If you google Kenwood mixer and go for shopping results, there are some on there for £220...not sure if new or used though :S

wiggler Posted 3 May 2011 , 4:05pm
post #11 of 26

[quote="angelogoo"]I saw a Kenwood chef at my local Costco yesterday for about £240. Has anyone got this and is that a good deal and hows the performance?[/quote]

I paid 219 . Think you could get a better deal if you shop around icon_smile.gif

rb822 Posted 3 May 2011 , 4:08pm
post #12 of 26

how many quarts wiggler?

wiggler Posted 3 May 2011 , 4:14pm
post #13 of 26

Think its 4.6 litre ?

rb822 Posted 3 May 2011 , 4:51pm
post #14 of 26

not sure how that translates into quarts which is what im familiar with.do u have a liink?

angelogoo Posted 4 May 2011 , 7:07am
post #15 of 26

its a 4.6litre. Anyone have one of these and how do they find the performance and capacity?

Many thanks

ecstaticjellybean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ecstaticjellybean Posted 4 May 2011 , 10:22am
post #16 of 26

hi there, i live in scotland and own a 28867 - Kenwood Mixer - Chilli Red. I've had it for 4 years and despite using it practically every day it still looks like new. Its really heavy duty and good quality, i would recommend it to anyone. i think the bowl capacity is like 4 litres.
I don't know the price as it was a gift from my husband bt i also know he likes a bargain so chances are it wasn't ridiculously pricey! Hope that helps x

ecstaticjellybean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ecstaticjellybean Posted 4 May 2011 , 10:25am
post #17 of 26

P.S. also thought i'd mention that it seems to be a deeper red colour than is shown in any of the images i've seen on google x

wiggler Posted 4 May 2011 , 9:22pm
post #18 of 26

Heres the link for the one I have . There is bigger more expensive ones available but its plenty big enough for me , and powerful . My sister has a kitchen aid .Looks better but not nearly as powerful

http://www.did.ie/Product/KENWOOD-CHEF-CLASSIC-FOOD-MIXER-OWKM336001/16646/396

Hope that helps icon_smile.gif

Just noticed its 800w and I previously said 900. Was wrong sorry . Anyhow I'm still delighted with it

Noobz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Noobz Posted 4 May 2011 , 9:25pm
post #19 of 26

The kenwood chef classic is £169.50 with amazon, I doubt you will be able find it any cheaper than that.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000Q7ZCFK/?tag=cakecentral-20

angelogoo Posted 5 May 2011 , 10:47am
post #20 of 26

Anyone know the difference between the Classic chef and the more expensive Titanium apart from the wattage?

wiggler Posted 5 May 2011 , 11:05am
post #21 of 26

From what I can see its got the new flexible beater , whick would have to be bought as an attachment with the classic

angelogoo Posted 9 May 2011 , 8:08am
post #22 of 26

Hi all,
Just saw this in Amazon. Pls see link
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000R5DT1U/?tag=cakecentral-20

IT LOOKS SO GOOD WITH ALL THE ADDED ATTACHMENTS, TRYING TO TALK MYSELF INTO NOT BUYING ONE!!! WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?

rb822 Posted 9 May 2011 , 8:22am
post #23 of 26

this is what i had my eye on...is that a good price?

MrsCnP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsCnP Posted 9 May 2011 , 11:27am
post #24 of 26

Hi, this is my first post as I'm new to CC icon_smile.gif. I've been looking too and bought the Kenwood Premier KMC560.... based on yr discussion (and Amazon reviews)! V V excited!!!!

pookashnoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pookashnoo Posted 16 May 2011 , 11:28am
post #25 of 26

Hi ladies,

This is also my first time posting on CakeCentral. I was hoping for some advice... I am going to be buying a Kitchenaid mixer soon, but I'm still not sure if I should go for the Classic or the more expensive Artisan model? I do quite a lot of baking at the moment and I am looking to potentially start a small cake-making business with this machine moving forward.

Can anybody offer any reccomendations on either of these mixers please? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks everybody icon_smile.gif

Sangriacupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sangriacupcake Posted 16 May 2011 , 12:10pm
post #26 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by pookashnoo

Hi ladies,

This is also my first time posting on CakeCentral. I was hoping for some advice... I am going to be buying a Kitchenaid mixer soon, but I'm still not sure if I should go for the Classic or the more expensive Artisan model? I do quite a lot of baking at the moment and I am looking to potentially start a small cake-making business with this machine moving forward.

Can anybody offer any reccomendations on either of these mixers please? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks everybody icon_smile.gif

Kitchen Aids aren't what they used to be! There have been a number of bad reviews of Kitchen Aids, and their customer service is really poor. I have a KA Artisan, less than 2 yrs old, and it's giving me a lot of problems...it loses power, not all the speeds work any more, the locking mechanism is broken. I called cust service and was told I should just buy a new one. icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%