warchild Posted 1 May 2011 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 10

I'd hate to see what happens when someone picks the wrong one! icon_razz.gif

http://www.brideandbeyond.com.ph/2010/08/dunk-it.html

9 replies
m_willford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m_willford Posted 2 May 2011 , 4:56am
post #2 of 10

I can just see the fun my little guys would have with that cake. TIMBER!!!!!

Ummeiko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ummeiko Posted 2 May 2011 , 7:53pm
post #3 of 10

I love cake for sure, but my family agrees that the oreo cake is totally 100% something I would do.

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 2 May 2011 , 10:08pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_willford

icon_lol.gif I thought the same about my youngest grandsons, the'd have it all over the floor in seconds!

warchild Posted 2 May 2011 , 10:25pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummeiko

I love cake for sure, but my family agrees that the oreo cake is totally 100% something I would do.

It looks like a fun project for kids parties but maybe make it on a smaller scale. Mind you, keeping it together long enough might be a challenge. I'm thinking the oreo's must be held together with a dollop of icing, how else could you get it to stay like that without being a magician who knows secret oreo stickin together tricks?

Ooh, I bet its kinda like the way they sometimes set up domino's in long curvy patterns. You touch the first one and the rest follow!! icon_razz.gif

warchild Posted 2 May 2011 , 10:27pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_willford

icon_lol.gif I thought the same about my youngest grandsons, the'd have it all over the floor in seconds!

Ummeiko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ummeiko Posted 2 May 2011 , 10:44pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by warchild

It looks like a fun project for kids parties but maybe make it on a smaller scale. Mind you, keeping it together long enough might be a challenge. I'm thinking the oreo's must be held together with a dollop of icing, how else could you get it to stay like that without being a magician who knows secret oreo stickin together tricks?

I'm thinking that you could in fact successfully stack oreos as such without any "glue" (perhaps a party game in and of itself). In a practical sense though, for any travel or long display time, you'd want a bit of icing to hold it all together.

Also to prevent the aforementioned domino effect. I can see it now. "Alright... just one.... more..."

*crash*

"Rats."

warchild Posted 3 May 2011 , 12:17am
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummeiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by warchild

I'm thinking that you could in fact successfully stack oreos as such without any "glue" (perhaps a party game in and of itself). In a practical sense though, for any travel or long display time, you'd want a bit of icing to hold it all together.

Also to prevent the aforementioned domino effect. I can see it now. "Alright... just one.... more..."

*crash*

"Rats."

Ha!

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 3 May 2011 , 8:56pm
post #9 of 10

Is there cake underneath the Oreos, or is the entire thing made of cookies?

warchild Posted 3 May 2011 , 11:47pm
post #10 of 10

Its just oreo cookies, no cake underneath. Idea came from Martha Stewart living mag, sept 2010. The oreo cake in her mag was stacked in straight rows though. You can see the how to make it on the links. Both links suggest putting milk out with the second link suggesting shot glasses with milk. I think that would look the nicest. Be hard to do any dunking though!

http://homedesign.marthastewart.com/2010/08/oreo-cake-tulip-arranging-how-to.html

http://sosnweddings.blogspot.com/2010/11/diy-oreo-grooms-cake.html

The first oreo cake photo I posted was made by a couple of gals that specialize in cookie boxes. They just stacked the oreos in a more eye catching design. And, a more easy to fall apart design if the little ones pull the wrong cookie out! icon_surprised.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%