Making Cc Bouquets With Dixie Cups?

Baking By newb2 Updated 6 May 2011 , 10:47pm by Serena4016

newb2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newb2 Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 1:45pm
post #1 of 4

I've made a couple cc bouquets that turned out fine but I'm thinking there may be a more simple way. The first time I put un-iced cc on toothpicks and then iced. The second time I iced first and then placed them on toothpicks. If I'm doing a simple "rose" swirl the first option is fine but I'd like to do different flowers and for those it's helpful for me to be able to rotate the cc in my hand before placing them. Is there an easier way to do this? I've heard of people using dixie cups but can't find directions. Any tips for me? tia.

3 replies
knlcox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knlcox Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 9:18pm
post #2 of 4

I saw an episode of DC Cupcakes where the ladies used small dowels to keep their cupcakes on the styrofoam block. If the cupcakes aren't going to be leaning too much off the ball I think this is an easy way to go. Use a small art dowel. I've seen them at stores for 16 for about $1. Just trim them to the size you need!

CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 6 May 2011 , 10:19pm
post #3 of 4

I have found quite a bit here on cc with the cup method....it just took some serious searching!

To help get you started I did find this for visual...

HTH
ashley

Serena4016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Serena4016 Posted 6 May 2011 , 10:47pm
post #4 of 4

I just made 3 bouquets for Mother's day, my first time and it worked very well, thanks to something I read here on CC. I used clear 9 oz. plastic cups. I placed a cupcake liner inside and drew a line on the outside of the cup at the top of the cupcake liner, removed the cupcake liner and cut the cup with a pair of scissors about 1/4" below my line. I did this because I could not find portion cups or drinking cups in the right size, so I made my own. This gave me a plastic cup that is slightly shorter than the cupcake wrapper so it will not be seen but will support the cupcake. I then made a whole in the center of the plastic cup, placed it on the styrofoam ball where I wanted it and put a round toothpick through the cup and into the styrofoam. I left 1/2 of the toothpick sticking out in the cup so that I could just stick the cupcake on when they are ready. Hope this helps!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%